Royal Princess main dining rooms

cali-croozer

Any input on the main dining rooms before I make dinner reservations?  I noticed they are not giving me the choice of the Symphony dining room, only Concerto and Allegro.  I know they all have the same menus, so maybe doesn't matter which one I choose? Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, cali-croozer said:

Any input on the main dining rooms before I make dinner reservations?  I noticed they are not giving me the choice of the Symphony dining room, only Concerto and Allegro.  I know they all have the same menus, so maybe doesn't matter which one I choose? Thanks in advance.

What I like about DMW is a choice. We didn’t have that before. We pick the Aft if our cabin is Aft for convenience.  Likewise, we pick the midship DR, if we are in a forward or midship cabin. 

• Thanks 1

On our upcoming 15 day Royal cruise next March we made reservations for Concerto one night and Allegro the next, repeating the rotation with an occasional specialty dining reservation and one night dining ashore during an overnight stop thrown in. We wanted to mix up the venues for variety. We're also hoping we are seated in different areas of each room for different perspectives of these beautiful venues. We are looking forward to not having to sit at the same table over and over again, looking at the same people and décor over and over again, like with the prehistoric traditional dining format of the past. 

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

On our upcoming 15 day Royal cruise next March we made reservations for Concerto one night and Allegro the next, repeating the rotation with an occasional specialty dining reservation and one night dining ashore during an overnight stop thrown in. We wanted to mix up the venues for variety. We're also hoping we are seated in different areas of each room for different perspectives of these beautiful venues. We are looking forward to not having to sit at the same table over and over again, looking at the same people and décor over and over again, like with the prehistoric traditional dining format of the past. 

We did that for the Majestic last May. A couple of days in Concerto, then a couple in Allegro. We like moving about. Sometimes for 6, sometimes for 6.20. Got onboard and found they'd changed ALL our reservations all to Allegro. I think they thought we'd like the same table! We did change a few via the TV but it was too much trouble to go through it all again. Worse thing was, I'd written down all the times and which dining rooms, which turned out to be useless.

1 minute ago, AlibearNS said:

We did that for the Majestic last May. A couple of days in Concerto, then a couple in Allegro. We like moving about. Sometimes for 6, sometimes for 6.20. Got onboard and found they'd changed ALL our reservations all to Allegro. I think they thought we'd like the same table! We did change a few via the TV but it was too much trouble to go through it all again. Worse thing was, I'd written down all the times and which dining rooms, which turned out to be useless.

Hmm, I hope that was a one off. If they change it to only one dining room, I'll change them all back with the app. It took me less than five minutes using the app to set them up in the first place. We aren't dining at the same time every evening anyway. 

4 hours ago, cali-croozer said:

Symphony will be opened up by sail date.  This is assuming the ship is back to full/normal capacity. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

Hmm, I hope that was a one off. If they change it to only one dining room, I'll change them all back with the app. It took me less than five minutes using the app to set them up in the first place. We aren't dining at the same time every evening anyway. 

That was not our experience. We are currently on the Royal and having a very hard time to reserve our dining times. We tried several different routes like trying to change it in the app, talking to the dine-line people and also talking to the head waiters in the dining rooms. We finally managed to nail down some times in the Allegro dining room and alternating with the Concerto dining room.

We like the old system of anytime dining better but it is what it is.

Theo

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cali-croozer said:

I was just on the Royal, and our group had all of our dinners Allegro at 5:25. For the most part we had excellent service, except for one night, when my table mate, had to send her steak back 4 times, as the cooks didn't know how to cook it to Medium Rare! It was quite funny actually, eventually the head Chef, came out to apologize to her.

• Thanks 1