Covid Vaccination Guidlines

AroundTheWorld1

On the Azamara website under their COVID-19 vaccination guidelines they list what is required and accepted by them, underneath vaccination it states two shots and then adjacent to that under booster it says five months. Can someone please tell me what that means does it mean that I had to have had my booster within five months of my last shot, or five months prior to my sailing. Am I OK if I had my booster a year after my last shot. I understand we need to be vaccinated with a booster just trying to understand what five months means. Thank you 

I think the 5 months is the recommended time between the original second vaccination and the booster. In the FAQs it says that if you are eligible for a booster you must have had one. I take that to mean that if your original second vaccination is over 5 months ago, you must have had a booster.

• Like 2

• Some European countries are requiring your last vaccination shot be less than 270 days. We had our 1st booster in October which would have put us over the limit. So we recently that our 2nd booster.
Edited by Storylady

31 minutes ago, Storylady said:
  • Some European countries are requiring your last vaccination shot be less than 270 days. We had our 1st booster in October which would have put us over the limit. So we recently that our 2nd booster.

the 270 days is relevant to the original vaccine, not the booster

the booster does not (currently) have an expiry

I am over 270 days since booster and am fine to travel to Europe (am not (currently) in scope for any further booster which is only being given to certain groups in UK)

• Like 4

Yes @Grandma Cruisingand @Scots Caz agree also.
This is from the European Commission website and is current at present.

“ For the purpose of travel within the EU, your vaccination certificate will be valid for 9 months(precisely 270 days) after you complete your primary vaccination (1 or 2 doses).

Certificates issued for a booster dose do not have a maximum validity, though this might be introduced by the Commission if scientific evidence supports this.

At this stage, the Commission does not propose a validity period for certificates issued based on booster shots. This means that the 9-month validity period should not apply to certificates issued following booster shots. It can be expected that protection from booster vaccinations may last longer than that resulting from the primary vaccination series.

The Commission will closely monitor newly emerging scientific evidence on this issue. On this basis, the Commission may, at a later stage, propose if necessary to introduce a validity period also for vaccination certificates issued following a booster if necessary”

• Like 3