Shareholder Credit

dmcfad2

We have always faxed our shareholder requests to HAL and PCL both.  Just booked an Oct cruise with HAL yesterday and after reading this thread, I emailed our shareholder request in about mid-morning.  Had a reply email by 4 pm that it was approved and would be applied to our onboard account upon embarkation.  That is new.  In the past (note that we haven't sailed since 2/20) , we could see the credit beforehand.  Maybe it has become a hassle for them since so many have booked and cancelled over the last year and a half?  I printed the email and will have it with me in case it's not there so the front desk (or whomever) can get it applied for me.

Edited by RRFan

14 minutes ago, RRFan said:

Had a reply email by 4 pm that it was approved and would be applied to our onboard account upon embarkation.  That is new. 

That's been the standard wording for quite some time.  If you get a confirmation printout after receiving the e-mail, the shareholders' OBC will be shown. I think the wording is just so you know it can't be used until you are onboard.

Edited by Cruise Suzy

4 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

That's been the standard wording for quite some time.  If you get a confirmation printout after receiving the e-mail, the shareholders' OBC will be shown. I think the wording is just so you know it can't be used until you are onboard.

Yes mostly true.  I’ve heard of people on this board that said they were able to use obc 3 days before embarking for shorex by calling in.  Never tried it myself so it’s hearsay.

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

We have always faxed our shareholder requests to HAL and PCL both.  Just booked an Oct cruise with HAL yesterday and after reading this thread, I emailed our shareholder request in about mid-morning.  Had a reply email by 4 pm that it was approved and would be applied to our onboard account upon embarkation.  That is new.  In the past (note that we haven't sailed since 2/20) , we could see the credit beforehand.  Maybe it has become a hassle for them since so many have booked and cancelled over the last year and a half?  I printed the email and will have it with me in case it's not there so the front desk (or whomever) can get it applied for me.

If you go to your 'manage payments' page you will see the amount there. Have a great trip.

3 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes mostly true.  I’ve heard of people on this board that said they were able to use obc 3 days before embarking for shorex by calling in.  Never tried it myself so it’s hearsay.

Was true before the COVID pause. No one has been able to use OBC prior to boarding since the restart.

42 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Was true before the COVID pause. No one has been able to use OBC prior to boarding since the restart.

Yes, it was before covid.  Have you tried to use it?  I’m not doubting you but I can’t imagine what difference it would make to them.  After all you can pre book shorex for have it all ahead of time,  I understand obc and hia are different.  I won’t be testing it because I have more $ than I can use on shorex.

2 hours ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

I got my credit quickly when I emailed. It's too bad that the instructions seem to encourage fax as the preferred method for the request. 

They used to insist on fax because it was a privacy issue whatever that means.  I don’t see how either one is private.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

I got my credit quickly when I emailed. It's too bad that the instructions seem to encourage fax as the preferred method for the request. 

My wife recently emailed a request for the shareholder OBC for two cruises and had it approved and applied in under 24 hours.   

As for the fax preference... many folks (including retirees no longer going into offices) don't have fax machines at home.   Also, I think it's a myth that faxes are supposedly so secure.  They can easily be sent to the wrong number by accident, or they may go into inboxes in a large room where tons of people have access to them.  

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

My wife recently emailed a request for the shareholder OBC for two cruises and had it approved and applied in under 24 hours.   

As for the fax preference... many folks (including retirees no longer going into offices) don't have fax machines at home.   Also, I think it's a myth that faxes are supposedly so secure.  They can easily be sent to the wrong number by accident, or they may go into inboxes in a large room where tons of people have access to them.  

Yup I agree.  I’m still working but I don’t like to use company resources for non business reasons.  Fax machines are not that prevalent in offices either. As a matter of fact I’ve yet to see one where I work now.  Every time I’ve sent my request in via email it seems to take at least 2 weeks, others have said it was quick.  I do hope they are getting caught up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 10:47 AM, Turtles06 said:

I wouldn't normally fax either, except the way the document was written, it seemed like fax was the preferred option. We have fax capability where I work, but it actually all goes through email to a cloud based fax service anyway. 🙂