Radiance Balconies

rg123

We have an interior (or inferior as some like to call it!) cabin on our upcoming Radiance cruise chosen for location. We put a bid in for a balcony, which we probably won’t get. But was wondering—are there any ‘bad’ balconies on Radiance? If on the off chance we win our bid, could we get one that’s obstructed-and how obstructed are they? Guess any balcony would be better than an interior 

Thanks

The obstructions on an obstructed balcony are not always as bad as they're made out to be. Quite often the obstruction is (IMHO) not worth even mentioning. The structural steel "blocking the view" on aft balconies is a perfect example. Sometimes the lifeboat will partially obstruct the view on a side balcony. I have never seen a balcony where the view is completely obstructed. You may have to look around something, but you'll still be able to see a whole lot more than you can from an interior cabin.

• Like 2

On Radiance some people don't like the forward extended balconies on deck 7.  I ended up in one with a GTY one time and personally love them but I also respect that other may not have the same opinion given they are less private.  I don't use my balcony in my underwear so it isn't an issue for me.  🙂 

At the aft end of each deck on the side of the ship the last cabin fully aft there are some of the balconies on this class that are odd shapes or have obstructed views due to washing equipment parked there. 

Some hump balconies are small and oddly shaped. 

Deck 7 midship has the balcony right next to the cover over the lifeboat so you can't look down to see the water while your view straight out is unimpeded.  The cover is at the level of the balcony floor so it's not really an obstruction unless trying to look down to the sea.

So when I am booking a balcony there are some locations I would make a point not to book and places where I would prefer.  To each their own. 

If you can score an inexpensive upgrade and are willing to accept a cabin that may be less popular for someone paying full balcony rates then a cheap RoyalUp win would be great for you.  If the upgrade is going to cost a lot and your expectation is a perfect balcony then Royal Up may not be the best idea.  

• Like 1

Thank you for your input. Even though we could get a less desirable cabin, I guess we’ll take our chances! We have several cruise days going from Vancouver to Hawaii so thought we’d give Royal Up a try. We shall see. 🤞🏻