FORCED DISEMBARKATION

Tablelamp

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

But wouldn't this still be the case if you became ill while travelling independently on land out of your own country? IMO, even worse, because then I would have to find a hospital/quarantine hotel on my own, and make my own return travel arrangements, within each country's guidelines.

Personally, I will feel more comfortable about having a ship's doctor be involved in any decisions about my illness, and whether it can best be treated onboard, in a quarantine cabin, or at a hospital at a port we will be sailing to.  I've read a number of positive reports of cruise lines being involved in further contact and arrangements for passengers who were transferred ashore for medical reasons.

"even worse, because then I would have to find a hospital/quarantine hotel on my own, and make my own return travel arrangements, within each country's guidelines."

Yes, yes, and yes.  That is exactly what we encountered and dealt with.   

• Like 1

I get confused on How to tell covid symptoms as I have never had it...yet. I did pay for a blood test to check for covid antibodies and it didn't show that I had been infected...yet. I understand I could be infected without symptoms and not know it. I am bringing covid home self tests to use on our trip since the covid symptoms are cold or flu-like symptoms how else would I know.  So I will self test and follow up with another test. It is complicated isn't it, so I am as prepared as I ever will be to be safe to travel. Thanks for sharing ideas here does help to think about it.

• Like 1