Huge overnight price rise

Cathygh

If it's any consolation.. the South Pacific cruises (a number of them) I was watching shot up this week (although our Mediterranean one didn't go up by much)! They shot up in price considerably. However.. tonight.. funnily enough they've come back down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

If it's any consolation.. the South Pacific cruises (a number of them) I was watching shot up this week (although our Mediterranean one didn't go up by much)! They shot up in price considerably. However.. tonight.. funnily enough they've come back down.

There's still hope for me then, I'll keep watching

• Like 1

TA called and it "looks like" Princess is giving him the "new bookings only" spiel when inquiring about the $1,200 price drop on our Australia/New Zealand cruises. That would kill our $1 deposits. The two 14 day segments would be $800 deposits and the 4 day segment would be $200. I told him if that ends up being the case I'll pay the deposits. The deposits are refundable and are part of the fare I would end up having to pay anyway so it's worth paying the stupid deposits to get the $1,200 reduction in price. Of course Princess hasn't returned his call yet and he's been with the Live Chat for 40 minutes so far with no real resolution.

Princess has really gone down hill with their "service". I used to have them on speed dial in my office and always got through right away and had great service. Definitely not the case these days.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

TA called and it "looks like" Princess is giving him the "new bookings only" spiel

That has also been our experience with re-faring after the start-up, new bookings only.  It is such a hassle, pre-covid it did not seem to have been such an issue.  🤫

• Like 1

Our Nov Enchanted Princess cruise price has been climbing steadily.

I booked several months ago at $2,500 for 3 of us in an inside, and now it's $3,350.

It may drop a little after the final payment.

All the inside cabins were sold out, but now they are back on the market.

• Like 1

@ThrakI had a small price drop on my 1 April 2023 Caribbean Cruise.  $130+ each on two balcony cabins.  I am holding them with the $1 deposit per person.  I emailed my PVP and asked that they be re-fared to reflect the drop.  He did it yesterday evening and sent me an email with the new pricing. I know my cabins are a very small amount but still don't see why yours should have to be cancelled and rebooked saying "new bookings only" if mine weren't.  Does the itinerary matter?

• Like 2

I was delighted to discover, by absolute accident (an old browser window on my ipad which refreshed) ten days ago, a $1500 price drop on my Med cruise in August next year.  Took a screen shot and sent it to my PVP and she was able to reprice my cruise.  fab development!   on the other hand, my Norway  cruise has jumped up in price, which also makes me feel good.  it pays to keep an eye out.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 7:42 AM, Cathygh said:

Thanks. I have never seen such a big rise before on any cruise. I was trying to co ordinate with flights and some city stays so it's not possible to do that if I have to wait for Princess to get back to a sensible price. I will look elsewhere.

Same with Celebrity since yesterday and the 9 day cruise I looked at added additional $1000 for refundable deposit. Crazy!

• Like 1