Huge overnight price rise

Cathygh

Hi

I priced up a balcony on Island Princess ( Panama canal Janury 2023) the other day at £2299 and now it's £3213! ( Princess plus was included on both prices)

There is no way I am booking at that price.  That's just pure greed. Very disappointed with Princess

Thanks. I have never seen such a big rise before on any cruise. I was trying to co ordinate with flights and some city stays so it's not possible to do that if I have to wait for Princess to get back to a sensible price. I will look elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

Very strange pricing model. Same trip on Emerald Princess on 17th  January is £ 2,399. I really don’t understand why the fares on Island tend to be more expensive given it is an older ship with less facilities. 

Princess’ smaller ships always command a more expensive fare (Coral, Pacific Princess, and the Island). Less passengers have to make up revenue. Plus the Island goes through the Historic Locks.  

Fares will fluctuate. Book now and watch fares. Or wait for a while.  There might be a fare drop after final payment.  The Island and Coral usually sell out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Hi

I priced up a balcony on Island Princess ( Panama canal Janury 2023) the other day at £2299 and now it's £3213! ( Princess plus was included on both prices)

There is no way I am booking at that price.  That's just pure greed. Very disappointed with Princess

Are you sure both were including the PP? Only asking as I’ve been watching prices for a particular cruise here in the U.K. and they jump from one minute to the next, advertising with and then without PP on the price from banner. Twice I’ve thought a cruise had reduced in price only to discover, once I’d actually gone into the booking, that it was the standard rate price (minus PP). Wish they’d just keep to one basic rate on the header and stick with it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villauk said:

Are you sure both were including the PP? Only asking as I’ve been watching prices for a particular cruise here in the U.K. and they jump from one minute to the next, advertising with and then without PP on the price from banner. Twice I’ve thought a cruise had reduced in price only to discover, once I’d actually gone into the booking, that it was the standard rate price (minus PP). Wish they’d just keep to one basic rate on the header and stick with it!

Yes I have the screenshots. I have fcc to use by the end of September next tear but due to various commitments between now and then the dates I can travel are restricted. I really want to use the fcc on one of my bucket list cruises and that one fitted the bill. I also want to stay loyal to my TA who has helped so much with my issues with Princess (which I won't repeat here) nad it was the only package they are offering that suits me. It may be that I have to book another bucket list cruise via another agent. Lots to ponder.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Princess’ smaller ships always command a more expensive fare (Coral, Pacific Princess, and the Island).

Too bad the Pacific Princess is no longer with the fleet.  We had only been on one sailing on her and had come to the conclusion that she was our "new favorite".  A few months later we found out she was to be sold.

• Like 2

Boy I'm glad I booked 11 future cruises last December.

So far All of them cost More than when I booked.

I guess we can't blame the cruise lines as they try to recover from massive Debt.

That said keep looking for flash sales and promotions.

Even Oceania that Never lower's prices had a Category Upgrade "Promotion" earlier this year.

• Like 1

Sorry the OP had a price increase but... This inspired me to check our B2B2B Australia/New Zealand cruises in 2023.  We're booked on Grand Princess for a 14 day, a 4 day, and another 14 day all in a Caribe deck balcony. I checked pricing and see that the 4 day has dropped by $100 per person and each of the 14 day segments have dropped by $250 per person.

Sent a note to my TA to see if he can get us this $1,200 price drop. These cruises have lots of available cabins. I hope they actually sail. This is our third time booking a B2B2B in that area. The first two (2020 and 2022) were killed by Covid.

• Like 3

This also prompted me to check my 2 cabins on the Caribbean Princess for 1 April 2023 and the price came down.  Not a lot, only $126.00 on each cabin but heck every little bit helps.  I emailed my PVP to re-fare as still lots of cabins in our category.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Too bad the Pacific Princess is no longer with the fleet.  We had only been on one sailing on her and had come to the conclusion that she was our "new favorite".  A few months later we found out she was to be sold.

We have booked a cruise on Azamara Onward ( Pacific Princess )

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Hi

Definitely a big hike in prices. After having our transatlantic flights cancelled twice, we decided, prior to final payment date, to cancel our Enchanted Princess cruise in November 2022. Cruise cost £2600. Subsequently lost our £436 deposit. Princess wouldn't return it as FCC. Priced same cruise for 2023 and it's £3899. There's no way I'm paying that! 

Edited by emerald6273
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Hi

£3213 looks like the price for a mini-suite.  On this side of the pond the price for a balcony would be around the £2299 price.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coral said:

Make sure you are logged into Princess's site.

My prices never change from the standard ones whether I’m logged in or not. Does anyone else have lower pricing on this side of the pond when they are logged in?

• Like 1