Silhouette - electrical sockets in cabins

Cheshire Blue

Am sailing on Silhouette in September (from Southampton) in a normal balcony cabin (not Concierge or Aqua).

What sockets are on the ship (so I can bring any required adaptors) ?   Am from the UK (so three prong plugs and sockets are the norm - but doubt there will be any of them).  Anyone know if the sockets are US or European style ?

Many thanks for any insight  

The interior width of the box holding the sockets is around 12 - 13 cm. But I don’t think this answers your question. From the “top” of the UK socket the remaining width is about 3 - 4 cm. Hard to be exact as I am using my iPhone measure app and the ship is moving! 

21 minutes ago, NewWestwardbound said:

The interior width of the box holding the sockets is around 12 - 13 cm. But I don’t think this answers your question. From the “top” of the UK socket the remaining width is about 3 - 4 cm. Hard to be exact as I am using my iPhone measure app and the ship is moving! 

Actually, that is extremely helpful, thank you! The adapter brick is 8cm, so adding the 3-4 from the top, I will have the rest available and it should just fit. Thank you so much! 

I often use  3 prong extender on the US plug and raises it about 4" above the box.   To me it was again one of those stupid design's of Kelly that may look pretty but are useless and the chairs that wont fit under the desk.

36 minutes ago, NewWestwardbound said:

The interface with the (supplied) hairdryer is particularly interesting. We had to ask the stateroom attendant how to make the plug fit the socket!

Now I feel stupid as I couldn’t figure it out so ended up using the plug by the bedside table and looking I the mirror across the room 😳🙄

16 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Now, I was drinking a lot last May on Silly, but I don't recall have that electric box on deck 12 in cabin 2146.  I do, however, remember it from our Apex sailings.

Ha ha , Yes, I don't remember that set up on the Silhouette last August . 

4 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Am sailing on Silhouette in September (from Southampton) in a normal balcony cabin (not Concierge or Aqua).

What sockets are on the ship (so I can bring any required adaptors) ?   Am from the UK (so three prong plugs and sockets are the norm - but doubt there will be any of them).  Anyone know if the sockets are US or European style ?

4 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

The box shown in Jim-ians post is not in a normal balcony cabin on Silhouette - only in suites.

There are 3 sockets all just above the vanity desk top  next to the safe/fridge housing. All 3 are of the 2 pin variety: 2 flat and 1 round. You will adapters for each  for your plugs. There are no outlets next to the beds

22 minutes ago, the penguins said:

The box shown in Jim-ians post is not in a normal balcony cabin on Silhouette - only in suites.

There are 3 sockets all just above the vanity desk top  next to the safe/fridge housing. All 3 are of the 2 pin variety: 2 flat and 1 round. You will adapters for each  for your plugs. There are no outlets next to the beds

Thanks for correction.   In the RS they didn't have an outlet convenient in bedroom.   The lamp had one USB port. 

I thought they had updated all the cabins with the new electrical boxes.    I seem to remember that even in Aqua on Millennium they had the boxes.  

I usually get an extension Cord and then plug a non-surge protector splitter into it.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, the penguins said:

Hello,

Not only that but there are no USB charging sockets beside the main power sockets on the vanity unit either. I spent a frustrating 10 minutes trying to get my USB plug to engage with what turned on to be a telephone socket!

If there are no USB ports hidden elsewhere in the balcony staterooms then the Silhouette is something out of the dark ages.

Regards,

Cublet

As previously stated, on Silhouette, there are three sockets, 2 x U.S. and one EU. Just a note that the voltage is different and if you are using U.K. appliances they work better in the E.U. socket. I didn't find any USB ports anywhere. Would love to know if anyone found any???

36 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Not only that but there are no USB charging sockets beside the main power sockets on the vanity unit either. I spent a frustrating 10 minutes trying to get my USB plug to engage with what turned on to be a telephone socket!

If there are no USB ports hidden elsewhere in the balcony staterooms then the Silhouette is something out of the dark ages.

Regards,

Cublet

Thanks for clearing that up. So glad i dug out the travel plugs anyway. 

Shame on the usbs but silhouette is a older ship i believe. Never sailed celebrity before and the last 3 princess ships we have been on were all new /newish ships. 

Thanks for all the helpful responses.  I will bring the travel adaptors. 

Shame they didn't see fit to add USB charging points in all the cabins when the ship was "revolutionised" . 

Reference was also made to getting an extension cord - but had understood these were not permitted on board ?   Is that correct ?   

52 minutes ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Thanks for all the helpful responses.  I will bring the travel adaptors. 

Shame they didn't see fit to add USB charging points in all the cabins when the ship was "revolutionised" . 

Reference was also made to getting an extension cord - but had understood these were not permitted on board ?   Is that correct ?   

Only the electrics in the suites were upgraded.

No extension leads.

Basically you have to charge everything on the vanity top or the fridge/ safe housing. We ditch the kettle ( we never use it) into the wardrobe to create more space.

Also, if you have the bed by the window configuration, you can create a lot of extra space by moving the oval table so it stands half under the dressing table/vanity unit - longest side against the wall. You will have plenty of room to use the chair and you can use half of the table. Geoff