Forgotten things...

WestonOne

There was one who was famed for the number of things
   He forgot when he entered the ship:
His umbrella, his watch, all his jewels and rings,
   And the clothes he had bought for the trip

Well, I am not that bad.  But on this trip I forgot to pack any white shirts at all for the Gala.  A bit surprisingly, the Queen Victoria doesn't sell any and the largest they had to hire was a 17 inch collar. I am 18.

So I had to wear a pale blue but oddly enough the on board dress code makes no mention of shirt colour.

On previous trips on one occasion I took a dinner jacket but left the trousers. And a few decades ago we sailed with my daughter and left all her dresses behind.

Anyone else left atuff?

• Haha 3

On my last Princess cruise to the Caribbean I left the packing cube with all my bathing suits in a drawer at the hotel we stayed in the night before embarkation. I called the hotel and they held it in the lost and found until we returned.

Lucky there was one, and only one, in a Princess shop that fit me.   

Not a cruise, but I have had a bad experience which was entirely my fault.

In a previous life, some 30 years ago, I was summoned by my then MD to discuss my impending new appointment.

He was a sly old fox and I was sent details of a hotel for the night preceding my 9:00am appointment. It was in the middle of nowhere, so no distractions in the evening.

I got up early and showered, but after towelling myself dry, shock, horror. No comb in toiletry bag. I called reception to see if they had any. Nope. Could I buy one. Nope. Could someone lend me one? Nope. I'll pay whatever they want for a second hand one. Nope.

By this time I looked like Ken Dodd.

Luckily, I had brought shoe shine brushes.

That day, my hair was not the usual sandy colour, but black. Thankfully nobody noticed and the meeting went well.

Edited by BigMac1953
auto was wrong
  • Haha 1