New to MSC, some questions.

goldmom

We are interested in trying the MSC YC  on the Meraviglia.  I've been studying the deck plans and looking at youtube videos but still have some questions.

Are there elevators within the YC complex?  I see the lift on the deck plans but they appear to be outside the complex.  There looks to be a lift inside but it's not labeled on the deck plans.

And again without labels it's hard to tell, but are there restrooms in the common spaces of the complex, such as the sun deck?

Lastly, (for now! LOL!) we were looking at the YC Royal suite.  It appears that there are very tall windows on the front balcony by the table and hot tub.  Do these stop and leave a gap for air circulation or are they attached like a greenhouse or solarium?  Just wondering how hot this space would be.

Thanks for any information!

Cannot answer your questions specifically but.....

We have sailed in the Royal suite (YC3) on several different ships & they are marvelous.

There are only 2 on each ship so if you are really interested & one is available, you should grab it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goldmom said:

Are there elevators within the YC complex?  YES

And again without labels it's hard to tell, but are there restrooms in the common spaces of the complex, such as the sun deck? I really can't remember; our stateroom was so close and we are not fans of public restrooms

Lastly, (for now! LOL!) we were looking at the YC Royal suite.  It appears that there are very tall windows on the front balcony by the table and hot tub.  Do these stop and leave a gap for air circulation - THEY CANNOT be opened.  Imagine the cross breeze that would cause.  You can open the door to the balcony though.

• Thanks 1

There is one elevator in YC on Meraviglia.. if I remember right. YC Restaurant, Top Sail Lounge and YC Sun Deck & Bar can be reached using the staircase or via elevator. The elevator connects YC decks only, no public decks. Public elevators are outside YC enclave and don’t go up to Deck 19 YC Sun Deck & Bar. The elevator in YC was empty most of the time..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goldmom said:

Are there elevators within the YC complex?  I see the lift on the deck plans but they appear to be outside the complex.  There looks to be a lift inside but it's not labeled on the deck plans.

It's near the spiral staircase within the complex. 

Lastly, (for now! LOL!) we were looking at the YC Royal suite.  It appears that there are very tall windows on the front balcony by the table and hot tub.  Do these stop and leave a gap for air circulation or are they attached like a greenhouse or solarium?

There is a gap. The RS balcony is actually 2 separate balconies with a total of 3 doors to access outside.  

• Thanks 1

And again without labels it's hard to tell, but are there restrooms in the common spaces of the complex, such as the sun deck?

I think this is your one unanswered question!  There are restrooms definitely on the Top 19 Deck.  I believe that there are public restrooms down the hallways from the restaurant and Top Sail lounge as well.

This is from a video tour of the ship.  Restroom is in the center of the pic:

image.thumb.png.625b321a9d1171cfe146dc8b65526af1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have sailed on Meraviglia, in RS three times.

There is a small balcony off bedroom.

The main / living room area has two sets of glass doors leading out to one wraparound balcony. Forward facing area has two loungers and small table and chairs for four. Balcony is metal with gap before glass windbreak panels begin. We were unable to view anything but Sky when using loungers.  
when we were in Mediterranean, the table and chairs had been removed. In Caribbean, it was too hot to eat outside, so we never used the table and chairs. Perhaps a late evening meal would have worked.
Sliding door by desk area is on side of ship and leads to hot tub. see the above posted pic. When we sailed in November, the hot tub was always being repaired. Only able to use it twice.

It is a shame that MSC has provided only one bathroom for these suites. 
On Meraviglia, only the Duplex Suites, in YC, have two bathrooms. It also has hot tub on deck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1