Boarding Sirena tomorrow!

khuselid

16 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Since we travel with several couples, we have even acquired a small white board that magnetically sticks to our exterior door so we and friends can leave messages for one another.  It becomes a comment and picture place for guests and crew also.  Lots of funny drawing have been left to the amusement of all. Sorry if that whiteboard idea sounds tacky but it has worked for us and friends. 
Enjoy your travels,

Mauibabes

I agree  is does sound tacky  especially on Oceania 

2 hours ago, khuselid said:

I don’t know why folks seem to have a need to tell us that they don’t need hooks or whatever. Does that make you better? Weird. 

I guess  the same reason people need to tell others  they bring hooks & whiteboards  LOL

YMMV

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

I for one will really miss not being able to use my roll-up magnetic dry erase calendar.  One glance tells us where dinner is that day (if a specialty) and the time, what shore-x we have planned - and if plans change, one swipe of the finger fixes it.  Don thinks it's the most helpful thing in the cabin, and I agree with him.

This is really a good idea.  Our next cruise is on Riviera (just prior to the refurb) so I think the walls will still work for this. After the refurb? who knows? 

Magnetic hooks still work fine on the doors (we have only used on the inside), but I find them handy to have the ones with little clamps so I can keep the dinner reservations visible as a reminder or the breakfast menu door thing handy.

On 8/16/2022 at 1:00 AM, Mareblu said:

Have a wonderful cruise.  We are embarking Sirena on 17 October, so we may pass each other on the gangway🙂  Please, if you are able, keep us informed on how things are.  Many thanks.

I think you’ll find you are boarding the 17th of September , @Mareblu☺️

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 10:06 AM, ORV said:

Ok, I was just curious if you had experience or had already made up your mind due to specifications and what others here say. I personally do prefer the O ships, but we're always fine on the R ships. You never know, you might be one of those that actually prefer them, once you've experienced them. 

You do know the bathtubs are going away on everything below PH? My wife prefers a tub also, but she'll be alright. 

This is not exactly correct. They will be offering tubs in some levels. From Oceania recently: 

Based on feedback from guests, one of the major upgrades to the accommodations is that bathrooms in all category C Oceanview Staterooms, all category B1, B2, and B3 Veranda Staterooms, all category A1, A2, and A3 Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms, and all category PH1 and PH2 Penthouse Suites will now feature an oversized, walk-in shower. The dramatically more spacious and functional walk-in shower was made possible by removing the under-utilized separate bathtub and small shower stall.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My spouse used 2 of the hooks on Sirena (veranda room); I prefer no stuff cluttering up the wall so I put my stuff just to the right of the hooks in the big triangular space at bottom of clothes closet in that area where the TV used to be.  (TV's now on wall.)

I thought Sirena in May was beautiful, and the itinerary was incredible - 5 countries, only day and a half at sea, 1 day docked but on ship due to Israel's covid testing (no longer required), and made every port on my 14 day cruise.   I loved Red Ginger.  I didn't get the sea bass, though - not my favorite despite the fact that it is for many people.  Surprisingly, Tuscan was a little "off"  -- but this was first week in May, and she had only done a few cruises after being in Italy for Covid.  So I forgave her.  Overall, Sirena was fabulous. And the small bathrooms don't bother me.  It's an older ship; not much you can do about it.  I think they added some shelves on the wall in there, but if so, I didn't use them.  

Enjoy your time away from cooking, cleaning, making your bed, going to work, seeing the same thing every day.  Wish I could go back on the sea RIGHT NOW!

On 8/20/2022 at 8:52 PM, CruiseLibra said:

This is not exactly correct. They will be offering tubs in some levels. From Oceania recently: 

Based on feedback from guests, one of the major upgrades to the accommodations is that bathrooms in all category C Oceanview Staterooms, all category B1, B2, and B3 Veranda Staterooms, all category A1, A2, and A3 Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms, and all category PH1 and PH2 Penthouse Suites will now feature an oversized, walk-in shower. The dramatically more spacious and functional walk-in shower was made possible by removing the under-utilized separate bathtub and small shower stall.

Never mind; posted my comment after quoting wrong post!  

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea