Any sports bars showing PPV Boxing or UFC matches

qek585

I got a cruise on the getaway coming up on the 20th of August. It's Also the day of a big boxing match in the late afternoon (Usyk vs Joshua 2). I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the sports bars on Norwegian,  and if so, which sports do they usually show? I was hoping they'd have current and live sports on, not just replays or local sports of whatever port we're in.

1 hour ago, qek585 said:

I got a cruise on the getaway coming up on the 20th of August. It's Also the day of a big boxing match in the late afternoon (Usyk vs Joshua 2). I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the sports bars on Norwegian,  and if so, which sports do they usually show? I was hoping they'd have current and live sports on, not just replays or local sports of whatever port we're in.

Probably not   Pre-Season Pro football maybe and lots of soccer.

I couldn't watch the World Series (free to ANYONE, even with an OTA antenna if in range of a broadcast station) in 2019 and you expect them to be showing stuff that costs cable customers extra?  LOL

You'd be better off paying for a day of streaming internet and finding a way to stream it in your room.

The problem with PPV events is that the charges are set by the promoters, not the satellite service provider, and even though the fight may only be shown in one location, the ship gets charged for every TV onboard, as a potential viewing site.  I remember we looked into it on a tanker, and with 20 TV's it was going to be $10k.

10 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

There will be no PPV events shown.

That's a bummer... Truly didn't know what to expect from a $500,000,000 ship. Guess I'll just use my imagination for fight night.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 10:21 PM, pickle11 said:

why not skip the cruise and go to the fight.  there is always another cruise but only a one time fight.

You know, I never thought about that. A trip o Saudi Arabia would be nice too.

Anyways, I just got back and for anybody interested, all they were showing were reruns of recent football(soccer) games, rugby and tennis. That's about it...

15 hours ago, qek585 said:

You know, I never thought about that. A trip o Saudi Arabia would be nice too.

Anyways, I just got back and for anybody interested, all they were showing were reruns of recent football(soccer) games, rugby and tennis. That's about it...

I was on Celebrity pre pandemic, even if they were showing football I wanted to watch in a bar, the satellite feed kept cutting in and out to the point it was not worth it to watch.  Maybe the reception has improved? 

Edited by epanchenko

On 8/17/2022 at 7:23 PM, qek585 said:

That's a bummer... Truly didn't know what to expect from a $500,000,000 ship. Guess I'll just use my imagination for fight night.

Their entertainment budget is going to be focused on events that serve the most people like theater events.