mixed check in times

miyanc

So I wasn't feeling great last night.  I did check myself in and got my room number using the bar code trick.  Got my check in time and a fist full of migraine meds went to sleep.  I figured once I got my check in time we as a group we're locked in. 

I was wrong.  I have 11 and this morning when I finally awoke, the rest of the group (wife and 2 kids all in the same room) have 12. 

So are we allowed to all go at 11?

I doubt it will be a problem, but you might also keep checking back to see if earlier checkin slots become available again.  Maybe you can grab at least one more early one for your wife; I’m pretty sure they won’t make kids stay behind.

We booked our upcoming cruise 31 days out, so checkin had been open for a couple weeks.  12:30 was the earliest we could get initially.  Every time we look for our gty assignment we also look at check in times.  One day hubby caught a pair of 11:30 slots for us.  A couple days later I grabbed one slot a 11:00, then one more 11:00 slot popped up another day.

Edited by Starry Eyes

43 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I doubt it will be a problem, but you might also keep checking back to see if earlier checkin slots become available again.  Maybe you can grab at least one more early one for your wife; I’m pretty sure they won’t make kids stay behind.

We booked our upcoming cruise 31 days out, so checkin had been open for a couple weeks.  12:30 was the earliest we could get initially.  Every time we look for our gty assignment we also look at check in times.  One day hubby caught a pair of 11:30 slots for us.  A couple days later I grabbed one slot a 11:00, then one more 11:00 slot popped up another day.

Sweet.  I love overly obsessed checkers just like me.  My wife loves the advantages I afford her but picks on me during the process. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, miyanc said:

Sweet.  I love overly obsessed checkers just like me.  My wife loves the advantages I afford her but picks on me during the process. 

Overly obsessed is in the eye of the beholder😀.  We are mostly watching for the cabin assignment…11 days until the cruise and they still have us in suspense.  My spouse checks just as often, so he can’t really pick on me about the obsession. 

We had this same problem on Liberty earlier this year. I had 11:00, the rest of our group had 11:30.  Read the fine print. Mine said something the effect of, "please arrive with your entire party at your scheduled time". Since I had the earliest time, the rest of our group i.e. my entire party, showed up at 11:00 and we all checked in together.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Overly obsessed is in the eye of the beholder😀.  We are mostly watching for the cabin assignment…11 days until the cruise and they still have us in suspense.  My spouse checks just as often, so he can’t really pick on me about the obsession. 

have you done the barcode trick?  thats how i know my room number 

27 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We had this same problem on Liberty earlier this year. I had 11:00, the rest of our group had 11:30.  Read the fine print. Mine said something the effect of, "please arrive with your entire party at your scheduled time". Since I had the earliest time, the rest of our group i.e. my entire party, showed up at 11:00 and we all checked in together.

oh we WILL be arriving at 11, just try and stop us.  

2 minutes ago, miyanc said:

have you done the barcode trick?  thats how i know my room number 

Oh, yes, I have tried.  My barcode still says gty.  The waiting continues.  

Oddly, when booking I guessed we’d get a quick assignment this time…it was a fairly late booking, recent assignments came well before sailing, multiple OV balconies were available.  I don’t mind waiting, but the chances that we will be able to swap to a cabin we prefer are dropping.  We’ll be OK in any OV balcony, though We do have favorite decks.

8 minutes ago, miyanc said:

oh we WILL be arriving at 11, just try and stop us.  

Depending upon the port, your C&A status, etc, your assigned arrival time my not make much difference.  As we intend to arrive early, we’d rather have an early time, just in case.

2 hours ago, sailor05 said:

What time can we start check-in? I know it's 45 days. And what is the barcode trick??

Add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet or scan the bar code if an Android user. Numbers should appear under the bar code. The numbers to the right of the dash represent the cabin you will be assigned.  If your cabin has not yet been determined, gty will appear after the dash (keep checking back for the assignment; it will show up sometime)

Check in starts at midnight (some people report their’s was delayed a little bit, so do not get discouraged at 12:01).  I believe it is ship time zone.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, miyanc said:

I now have all 4 of us at 1030.  Much better.

WooHoo.  Good catch.  The cruise obsession pays off again.

Now, after going to the trouble of scoring early times, repeat after me: I will not let it bother me if the people staffing the port pay no attention to arrival times, allowing people with late check in times to just line up, too. Been there, watched frustrated people.

3 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

WooHoo.  Good catch.  The cruise obsession pays off again.

Now, after going to the trouble of scoring early times, repeat after me: I will not let it bother me if the people staffing the port pay no attention to arrival times, allowing people with late check in times to just line up, too. Been there, watched frustrated people.

Not sure I can agree to that.  The whole discussion here is me trying to follow rules because in spite of my tendencies, I do try to follow the rules.  Seeing others either disregarding the rules or being ignorant of them, does bother me.  As long as I internalize it and not take it out on the underpaid staff or even less paid family, I will 100%. 

4 minutes ago, miyanc said:

Not sure I can agree to that.  The whole discussion here is me trying to follow rules because in spite of my tendencies, I do try to follow the rules.  Seeing others either disregarding the rules or being ignorant of them, does bother me.  As long as I internalize it and not take it out on the underpaid staff or even less paid family, I will 100%. 

Sounds good to me. I understand and identify with your point of view😊.  Some ports enforce the rules, some don’t.  Have a great cruise either way.

20 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Sounds good to me. I understand and identify with your point of view😊.  Some ports enforce the rules, some don’t.  Have a great cruise either way.

Yup, will do. Same for u.