Covid isolation FCC - how calculated

elmsliebev

I'm interested in how Cunard calculate any FCC due. We had to isolate for 6 days on our recent cruise and I'm just wondering how it is calculated? Price of cruise/number of nights x nights in isolation? Do they knock some off for feeding us?! Or a flat rate? 

All part of planning our next trip!

Any advice from those who have been through it would be great, thanks. 

17 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

I'm interested in how Cunard calculate any FCC due. We had to isolate for 6 days on our recent cruise and I'm just wondering how it is calculated? Price of cruise/number of nights x nights in isolation? Do they knock some off for feeding us?! Or a flat rate? 

All part of planning our next trip!

Any advice from those who have been through it would be great, thanks. 

We both had three nights in isolation our of 14 and appear to have got 3/14 of what we paid, slightly complicated by some of that being FCC from another cruise. They don't seem to have knocked anything off for the food.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

We both had three nights in isolation our of 14 and appear to have got 3/14 of what we paid, slightly complicated by some of that being FCC from another cruise. They don't seem to have knocked anything off for the food.

thanks, that's what I thought it would be. 

I was quarantined for a full ten days in May, and have not yet heard anything about FCC being given.  I haven’t asked yet, as there is no imminent cruise we’d like to take.  I don’t even know who to contact….any suggestions?

Barbara M. In NH

29 minutes ago, Craigrlewis said:

Funny when I got mine I tried working it out and couldn’t so just gave up!

I spent a little while checking after posting last night. They gave us exactly 3/14 of what the cruise cost, even though some of it was paid for by enhanced cruise credit from a previous cancelled cruise. No complaints. 

1 hour ago, Craigrlewis said:

Funny when I got mine I tried working it out and couldn’t so just gave up!

Did you have flights included in your booking? That could have made it more complicated if the cruise cost wasn't shown separately.

7 hours ago, Avery's Gram said:

I was quarantined for a full ten days in May, and have not yet heard anything about FCC being given.  I haven’t asked yet, as there is no imminent cruise we’d like to take.  I don’t even know who to contact….any suggestions?

Barbara M. In NH

We got a letter before disembarking that gave the details and also the testing/infection proof. The letter states (salient points) 

"A Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be calculated based on the fare paid and the number of days in isolation/quarantine ..... applied to patient's unique reference number within 14 days of the voyage ending .... any new booking .... valid for 2 years"

The unique ref no is your World Club number. 

I'd ring or email Cunard - customerservices@cunard.co.uk has always worked well for us, but that is the UK email. 

2 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

We got a letter before disembarking that gave the details and also the testing/infection proof. The letter states (salient points) 

"A Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be calculated based on the fare paid and the number of days in isolation/quarantine ..... applied to patient's unique reference number within 14 days of the voyage ending .... any new booking .... valid for 2 years"

The unique ref no is your World Club number. 

I'd ring or email Cunard - customerservices@cunard.co.uk has always worked well for us, but that is the UK email. 

Here is an interesting question though I doubt this would ever arise but what if every Cunard sailing was fully booked up for 2 years from that date of issuance or the date of your sail?

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Here is an interesting question though I doubt this would ever arise but what if every Cunard sailing was fully booked up for 2 years from that date of issuance or the date of your sail?

Well, then, they have to extend it,  wouldn't they? I saw some Gloucester Old Spots go over the house yesterday.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Did you have flights included in your booking? That could have made it more complicated if the cruise cost wasn't shown separately.

Ha ha yes we did - maths was never my strong point to begin with so Yep guess thats why I couldn't fathom it.as well as flights we also upgraded to guess that also impacted it

• Like 2