Price of Excursions

Aquadesiac

Am I missing something? Why aren't the prices of excursions listed on the O website? Is it some kind of national secret? And is there a reason why the "included in OLife" excursions aren't clearly marked?

We're considering an 82 day voyage on O and need more information before we pull the trigger.  

Thanks for any info you can share! 

I am seeong prices  on upcoming cruises

How far away is the cruise you are looking at?

The O life excursions are the ones WITHOUT  OE  OS WT  etc  after the  title

This  is from a sailing June 2023

Prices are on the right

image.thumb.png.46c7df837459b9485559626f7f2dfeac.png

If you are looking at a cruise that is far in the future there may not be prices yet. Try looking at a similar itinerary from the previous year to get an idea of what prices may look like. If there is not a similar itinerary, you can look at the shore excursions for each port an click on the link "Cruises visiting this port" (to the right of each excursion under where the prices would be) then pick one to see probable excursions.

Have noticed that future cruises e.g., 2024 that we were considering did not have prices posted for shore excursions.  Another example is often Hotel, Pre or Post Cruise Land Tours and Overland tours pricing is not posted that far out. We then search for the same cruise in 2023 (if available) and use the assumption that the same or similar will eventually be offered for the 2024 cruise.  What you won't see until you book is the time of day for each excursion and sometimes there are choices in times. In the past, our TA has been able to obtain Shore Excursion listing from a previous year's cruise so we can gain an idea of O offerings.

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I am seeong prices  on upcoming cruises

How far away is the cruise you are looking at?

The O life excursions are the ones WITHOUT  OE  OS WT  etc  after the  title

This  is from a sailing June 2023

Prices are on the right

image.thumb.png.46c7df837459b9485559626f7f2dfeac.png

I am cruising in October with 6 free excursions. 
Does this mean a price of N/A under the unlimited column is one that I can book for free?

We have never had this perk before but have already had a couple of cruises on Riviera.

Thanks for any clarity.

Thanks to all for the info. Most helpful. Now what distinguishes "Tour Price" from "Your World" prices and how do I know which would apply to us? Is this a loyalty perk thing?

We've cruised on lots of other lines but we're neophytes on Oceania. We've heard lots of good things about them, but are just investigating at this stage.

14 minutes ago, Aquadesiac said:

Thanks to all for the info. Most helpful. Now what distinguishes "Tour Price" from "Your World" prices and how do I know which would apply to us? Is this a loyalty perk thing?

We've cruised on lots of other lines but we're neophytes on Oceania. We've heard lots of good things about them, but are just investigating at this stage.

If you use the search function on this forum, you will see lots of explanations to help guide you. Previous posters have explained it much better than I can. Enjoy your cruise. You will love Oceania!

Warning for anyone  booking  the excusion Amafi to Positano by boat , it is a complete  rip off and should be avoided  at all costs !!

O grouped 100 people  together and loaded  them on to the regular  ferry  description  was a scenic boat ride along the heritage coast.

In reality I was herded in to a middle seat in the center of the ferry and did not see a single thing .

We were left alone for  1.5 hours in Positano and got a free icecream this was the most expensive icecream i have ever had!!

For this we paid $169 pp and the regular cost was $9 each way .

I complained they tried  very hard to fob me off even saying i could have changed  seats on the boat ( it was overcrowded  and i could not move ), after an struggle with different  meb members of the excursion team I finally  got the manager as i wound not take no for an awnser,

She came to speak to me this all lasted over an hour , she also tried to fob me off .

Two days later i got a credit for the trip  ??

Edited by roger b
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

If you use the search function on this forum, you will see lots of explanations to help guide you. Previous posters have explained it much better than I can. Enjoy your cruise. You will love Oceania!

We will also be 1st time Oceania cruisers on Insignia this Jan/Feb 2023 for 48 days.  I did as you suggested, and used the search words Your World Collection excursions.  Unfortunately, nothing popped up that helped me much.  Should I use other terminology?  Like others posting here, who are new to Oceania, I find their website less explanatory or user friendly than other cruise lines.  I understand the basics.  If you book a certain number of excursions with Oceania, Your World entitles you to a certain % discount.  I just can't seem to find the specifics spelled out anywhere.  Thanks for any information you can provide.  Thank you.

7 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

I am cruising in October with 6 free excursions. 
Does this mean a price of N/A under the unlimited column is one that I can book for free?

We have never had this perk before but have already had a couple of cruises on Riviera.

Thanks for any clarity.

n/a = not available  under the Unlimitied package

Which is different from the O Life free excursions

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/shore-excursions

2 hours ago, Aquadesiac said:

Your World   & Unlimited are  package  deals of excursions

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/shore-excursions   scroll down the page  for the links

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

n/a = not available  under the Unlimitied package

Which is different from the O Life free excursions

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/shore-excursions

Thanks for the link, LHT28,

I have been on the Oceania website. They say they are doing an upgrade so excursions can’t be booked online right now.

So, I’m thinking I’m allowed to book any listed excursion for free? Some of them are really expensive though. I don’t think they will allow me to book a private car in 3 ports and pay $0!!

3 hours ago, Aquadesiac said:

The "Tour Price" is the price you'd pay if you booked it separately without packaging it.  The "Your World Collection" will give you a 25% discount off of that price if you book a minimum number of excursions. The minimum number will depend on the length of the cruise and number of ports.  To give you an idea, my upcoming cruise is 10 days including 2 sea days. There will be 7 ports. The minimum number is 4 on this cruise. 

The discount is not a loyalty perk thing so as a first-time Oceania cruiser you will be eligible for it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

Thanks for the link, LHT28,

I have been on the Oceania website. They say they are doing an upgrade so excursions can’t be booked online right now.

So, I’m thinking I’m allowed to book any listed excursion for free? Some of them are really expensive though. I don’t think they will allow me to book a private car in 3 ports and pay $0!!

Look next to the Tour description  if they have letter next to the walking figures they are usually not part of the free excursions

example of free tours

image.thumb.png.b3f439c50add2fe1259e3fbc0d896f4e.png

Not included in Free tours

image.thumb.png.9c971b48139368775824f734dc79f1fe.png

In the T & C

OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive, Executive Collection, Food & Wine Trails, Wellness Discovery Tours by Aquamar, Go Local and Culinary Discovery Tours.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

I hope some of your questions are being answered. I will try to include a link to another thread with some explanations. I think the reason why you were having trouble with your search is that your search results will include anything that contains any of the three words in your search criteria. So, every post that includes the word “your” would be included in your results.
I did a search just on “excursions.”
I hope you can get all of your questions answered.

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Look next to the Tour description  if they have letter next to the walking figures they are usually not part of the free excursions

example of free tours

image.thumb.png.b3f439c50add2fe1259e3fbc0d896f4e.png

Not included in Free tours

image.thumb.png.9c971b48139368775824f734dc79f1fe.png

In the T & C

OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive, Executive Collection, Food & Wine Trails, Wellness Discovery Tours by Aquamar, Go Local and Culinary Discovery Tours.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

Thanks, LHT28, this helps a lot.

I now need to see what is free and if I fancy doing it. Or, even more importantly, does hubby fancy doing it! At least with European ports we know we can do lots of things independently. 
On previous Oceania cruises they have had really great local tourist info people come on board the ship to give out maps and provide tips for independent tourists. In Malaga we were told how to find a fabulous sherry bar that we would have walked right past if we hadn’t been told to check it out.

• Like 2

The prices for O's excursions are due watering.  I'm doing as others have suggested and started a spreadsheet to compare O's prices by their programs and independent.  The fly in my ointment is DH.  He's being insistent about taking all cruise line excursions because on our very first cruise, we watched a couple get left behind during sail away because they were on their own.  I think it traumatised him 😂

Edited by PirateShark

33 minutes ago, PirateShark said:

The prices for O's excursions are due watering.  I'm doing as others have suggested and started a spreadsheet to compare O's prices by their programs and independent.  The fly in my ointment is DH.  He's being insistent about taking all cruise line excursions because on our very first cruise, we watched a couple get left behind during sail away because they were on their own.  I think it traumatised him 😂

If you plan to be back 1 hr prior to ALL ABOARD  time  not Sailing time   he should be fine 😉

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

If you plan to be back 1 hr prior to ALL ABOARD  time  not Sailing time   he should be fine 😉

Very true and I'm on board with that.  That being said, I have to live with this guy 😂. At least I have a year to work on him.  Being a recently retired finance person, I have multiple statistical and spreadsheet skills to use to convince him.  In all probability it will be a mix of both O and DIY.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, roger b said:

Warning for anyone  booking  the excusion Amafi to Positano by boat , it is a complete  rip off and should be avoided  at all costs !!

O grouped 100 people  together and loaded  them on to the regular  ferry  description  was a scenic boat ride along the heritage coast.

In reality I was herded in to a middle seat in the center of the ferry and did not see a single thing .

We were left alone for  1.5 hours in Positano and got a free icecream this was the most expensive icecream i have ever had!!

For this we paid $169 pp and the regular cost was $9 each way .

I complained they tried  very hard to fob me off even saying i could have changed  seats on the boat ( it was overcrowded  and i could not move ), after an struggle with different  meb members of the excursion team I finally  got the manager as i wound not take no for an awnser,

She came to speak to me this all lasted over an hour , she also tried to fob me off .

Two days later i got a credit for the trip  ??

Must be one of those new Go Local tours. 

Seriously, I agree, that is over the line and unacceptable. 

• Like 1