Turkish visa needed for Ephesus?

dawei

The Oosterdam's itinerary in two months includes Kusadasi, Turkey. I believe most everyone does excursions from there to Ephesus. For those who have done so, is a Turkish visa required for Ephesus? The Turkish gov't website doesn't answer this; it states no visa is required for Turkey unless you travel from the cruise port to another city in Turkey. Meanwhile, Turkey wants a couple hundred dollars for a visa.

Your experience will be appreciated.

David

3 minutes ago, dawei said:

The Oosterdam's itinerary in two months includes Kusadasi, Turkey. I believe most everyone does excursions from there to Ephesus. For those who have done so, is a Turkish visa required for Ephesus? The Turkish gov't website doesn't answer this; it states no visa is required for Turkey unless you travel from the cruise port to another city in Turkey. Meanwhile, Turkey wants a couple hundred dollars for a visa.

Your experience will be appreciated.

David

Though we did not travel to Ephesus, no visa was required for Ephesus or Istanbul.  We had to show passports re entering the dock, but that is all.

Just got off Oosterdam where we visited Ephesus.  Definitely no visa required for US citizens (I assume the OP is US citizen since their tag says FL) and we were not required to even take our passport along (although we had a paper photocopy as we always do when we leave the ship).

As was recently mentioned, make sure your tour includes the Terrace Houses; much of the rest of Ephesus is ruins and the houses gives you some perspective on what it might have been really like.  I would also highly recommend the Ephesus Museum, which is a couple miles from the ancient site, where many of the artifacts are now located.  We used Ephesus Shuttle (https://www.ephesusshuttle.com/) for a private tour for the 4 of us...I would highly recommend them.