Arrive Can

DShier1a

9 minutes ago, turnin50 said:

I want to thank you both broberts and Foremco for so patiently addressing my concerns, I felt this way at the beginning also but of course the more answers I get the more I start to doubt myself. I will not question this anymore lol

It's always a pleasure to help when possible. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turnin50 said:

Some are saying that its a requirement by Royal Caribbean based on this:

"ArriveCAN: All guests - including Canadians - or their legal guardians, must submit the mandatory travel information required by the Canadian government prior to boarding the cruise ship. Guests can complete the form on the ArriveCAN website or via the app available in the AppStore or on Google Play. Once completed you'll need to print or show the QR code provided at boarding."

Taken from the safety protocols for cruises departing Vancouver on Royal's website.

sounds like  a standard  requirement  but they are not taking into account those cruises that leave Canada  & NOT returning

I am sure you will not be the only one unable to complete the form

You could call RCCL & tell them it is not possible & let them revise their  requirement

You are not going to be able to fill in the form so why stress yourself  out

I would take your vaccine documentation  just to be covered  for that requirement

JMO

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

sounds like  a standard  requirement  but they are not taking into account those cruises that leave Canada  & NOT returning

I am sure you will not be the only one unable to complete the form

You could call RCCL & tell them it is not possible & let them revise their  requirement

You are not going to be able to fill in the form so why stress yourself  out

I would take your vaccine documentation  just to be covered  for that requirement

JMO

Absolutely I'm still old school I print out everything plus I have documents saved on my phone. I did email them but since we live here its a 5 min cab ride to the peer we won't be frazzled when we get to the pier, if they for some reason ask us to fill it out and have a way around the arrival question then we'll just step aside fill it out and get back in line lol I'm done stressing about it, I'm sure you're right they have it on their website for most of the cruises (Alaska) that leave out of Vancouver and return to Vancouver. Thanks everyone, I feel much better.

On 8/27/2022 at 2:16 AM, Sue from Canada said:

I'm just sounding off.  Why would one need to complete the ArriveCan prior to getting on a ship leaving from a Canadian port?????  I hate this crap.

Actually it is not crap. As I understand it, cruise lines are required to ensure that everyone boarding a round-trip cruise has ArriveCan completed properly.

Having this verified at the time of embarkation makes the arrival back in Canada easy for everyone. My exerience was excellent on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth cruise to Alaska round-trip from Vancouver. No-one could embark until their ArriveCan was completed properly.  Shore staff assisted passengers who had not done it properly. During the cruise, the purser's staff collected customs declaration cards from all passengers. When the ship arrived back in Canada everyone disembarked and went on their way without speaking to any officials. It couldn't be easier.

Without ArriveCan, passengers would have to present their vaccination proof to a border official on arrival back in Canada. I am far from being a "techie" and I don't do apps. The on-line version was simple and easy to read on a large screen.

• Like 5

On 8/20/2022 at 10:58 AM, Fouremco said:

While you will need to use the app because of your departure from and subsequent arrival in Canada at Vancouver, you will need to make your ArriveCAN submission and have your receipt prior to embarkation in Vancouver at the start of the cruise. You can either use the app or the online version of ArriveCAN.

I just input our travel data on the Arrive Can app with a mock date as a test, and mistakenly went through to the 'submit' feature.  Now I can't go back and erase the incorrect arrival time in the app.  Will this be on file and the border personnel will be looking for us to arrive on that flight or will this be ignored as I didn't complete the health portion of the submission? I didn't receive a receipt so I'm thinking it might be erased when the flight date passes?  Any thoughts on this?

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I just input our travel data on the Arrive Can app with a mock date as a test, and mistakenly went through to the 'submit' feature.  Now I can't go back and erase the incorrect arrival time in the app.  Will this be on file and the border personnel will be looking for us to arrive on that flight or will this be ignored as I didn't complete the health portion of the submission? I didn't receive a receipt so I'm thinking it might be erased when the flight date passes?  Any thoughts on this?

Given the fact that travel plans frequently change at the last minute, there is no attempt made to correlate submissions and actual arrivals. Once the flight date that you entered has passed, you should be able to go in and start a new submission.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Can you delete the application?

On 8/27/2022 at 12:07 AM, Texascruiser2008 said:

A little confused but who isn’t with ArriveCan ! Leaving Vancouver for a 15 Princess to Hawaii, so we need to fill in prior even though not stopping at a CDN port? I assumed only on our return but reading above sounds like before. Do we do a second one for the return? Thanks! 

Yes

On 8/27/2022 at 1:07 AM, Texascruiser2008 said:

A little confused but who isn’t with ArriveCan ! Leaving Vancouver for a 15 Princess to Hawaii, so we need to fill in prior even though not stopping at a CDN port? I assumed only on our return but reading above sounds like before. Do we do a second one for the return? Thanks! 

As your cruise exits and later returns to Canada, you will need to make an ArriveCAN submission within 72 hours before boarding at the beginning of the cruise. While you must present your receipt at check-in for verification, your submission is for your arrival in Vancouver at the end of the cruise.

This may sound like a silly question and if so, I apologize. 
I leave Toronto to Vancouver to catch a Alaska cruise which returns in 10 days later back to Vancouver. I realize I must submit a ArriveCAN form from Alaska within 72 hours arriving back in Vancouver. 
Question - do I need to submit ArriveCAN from Vancouver to Alaska at boarding? Is there a phone number to confirm this?

Edited by DHP1

15 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

This may sound like a silly question and if so, I apologize. 
I leave Toronto to Vancouver to catch a Alaska cruise which returns in 10 days later back to Vancouver. I realize I must submit a ArriveCAN form from Alaska within 72 hours arriving back in Vancouver. 
Question - do I need to submit ArriveCAN from Vancouver to Alaska at boarding? Is there a phone number to confirm this?

You will need a single ArriveCAN submission, but you will need to submit it within 72 hours before embarking on your cruise in Vancouver. While the submission will be for your eventual arrival back in Vancouver at the termination of the cruise, you must provide your receipt at check-in.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You will need a single ArriveCAN submission, but you will need to submit it within 72 hours before embarking on your cruise in Vancouver. While the submission will be for your eventual arrival back in Vancouver at the termination of the cruise, you must provide your receipt at check-in.

I never used ArriveCAN before and trusting that information is there to complete. So another words, I must submit ArriveCAN within 72 hours before boarding the cruise in Vancouver and that same submission is acceptable upon return back to Canada 10 days later. Is this correct?  I read the Canada website and it so confusing. Not clear at all. I thought ArriveCAN is for entry back to Canada not leaving to USA. 

12 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

Actually it is not crap. As I understand it, cruise lines are required to ensure that everyone boarding a round-trip cruise has ArriveCan completed properly.

Having this verified at the time of embarkation makes the arrival back in Canada easy for everyone. My exerience was excellent on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth cruise to Alaska round-trip from Vancouver. No-one could embark until their ArriveCan was completed properly.  Shore staff assisted passengers who had not done it properly. During the cruise, the purser's staff collected customs declaration cards from all passengers. When the ship arrived back in Canada everyone disembarked and went on their way without speaking to any officials. It couldn't be easier.

Without ArriveCan, passengers would have to present their vaccination proof to a border official on arrival back in Canada. I am far from being a "techie" and I don't do apps. The on-line version was simple and easy to read on a large screen.

I never used ArriveCAN before and therefore, can you provide me with what information needs to be completed. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I never used ArriveCAN before and trusting that information is there to complete. So another words, I must submit ArriveCAN within 72 hours before boarding the cruise in Vancouver and that same submission is acceptable upon return back to Canada 10 days later. Is this correct?  I read the Canada website and it so confusing. Not clear at all. I thought ArriveCAN is for entry back to Canada not leaving to USA. 

Correct. ArriveCAN is required when you will be arriving in Canada, but cruise lines verify the you have successfully completed the submission at check-in before boarding. By way of comparison, you will need to show your passport and any required visa when checking in for an international flight, even though they aren't required to exit Canada.

I suggest that you download the app and do a mock submission. As it won't accept a trip starting more than 72 hours in the future, just pick a date of embarkation within the next couple of days. Each step is pretty self-explanatory, and you shouldn't have any trouble completing all the steps. Just don't submit it in the end. After you've tried it, come back and ask if you have any specific questions.

• Like 2

I did a test run and it was easy. However, it submitted me a bar code to me. It didnt ask to submit, it did automatically without me knowing about it.
Now what should I do?  Can I delete the submission?

I did a test run and it was easy. However, it submitted me a bar code to me. It didnt ask to submit, it did automatically without me knowing about it.
Now what should I do?  Can I delete the submission?

I found the delete submission button.  It’s under Resources. Man am I good at this. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are Canadians taking a cruise from Quebec City to Boston.  My assumption was we would only need ArriveCan for our return flight from Boston to Ottawa.

However, today I received the following from HAL, so it appears we need to complete ArriveCan twice; once before we embark on the cruise and then again for the flight back to Canada.  

Has anyone else been on a similar cruise and can confirm?  TIA

IMPORTANT INFO PLEASE COMPLETE ARRIVECAN BEFORE YOUR CRUISE
We look forward to welcoming you on board for your upcoming cruise that will
visit Canada. Please be advised that all guests, including Canadian residents,
must register for ArriveCAN and provide mandatory travel information. You will
need to enter contact information and travel details, vaccination information
and proof of vaccination.
Please visit https://*****/hal_arrivecan for additional information and
instructions on completing ArriveCAN.
Once you have completed ArriveCAN you will receive a receipt in the app and by
email. This receipt is mandatory for entry into Canada and must be completed
before embarkation. You will be asked to provide your ArriveCAN receipt at
cruise check-in.

Edited by bebe08
update

57 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

We are Canadians taking a cruise from Quebec City to Boston.  My assumption was we would only need ArriveCan for our return flight from Boston to Ottawa.

However, today I received the following from HAL, so it appears we need to complete ArriveCan twice; once before we embark on the cruise and then again for the flight back to Canada.  

cruise check-in.

This scenario has been discussed many times, including earlier in this thread. The bottom line is that there is no requirement for an ArriveCAN submission as you will not be arriving in Canada during your cruise, only departing it.

HAL's check-in personnel are reportedly aware of the facts, but HQ continues to ignore reality. Other than the non-existent GOC requirement for a submission for a cruise of this nature, there is a technical issue: the app will not allow you to make a submission based on your itinerary. You could only make a submission if you falsify your trip information.

Edited by Fouremco

7 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

This scenario has been discussed many times, including earlier in this thread. The bottom line is that there is no requirement for an ArriveCAN submission as you will not be arriving in Canada during your cruise, only departing it.

HAL's check-in personnel are reportedly aware of the facts, but HQ continues to ignore reality. Other than the non-existent GOC requirement for a submission for a cruise of this nature, there is a technical issue: the app will not allow you to make a submission based on your itinerary. You could only make a submission if you falsify your trip information.

WOW will isn't this a hot mess.  Can anyone who has done a similar itinerary with HAL provide any insight as to how they completed the Arrivecan? 

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

What the difference from sailing out of Vancouver or Quebec. Your above reply to me for sailing out of Vancouver was-

You will need a single ArriveCAN submission, but you will need to submit it within 72 hours before embarking on your cruise in Vancouver”

Now you stated for leaving Quebec “the bottom line is that there is no requirement for an ArriveCAN submission”. Is it because there leaving Quebec and arriving in Boston. Our case is we leave Vancouver and returning to Vancouver. 

2 hours ago, bebe08 said:

cruise check-in.

The itinerary does not enter / visit Canada. The only way to make an ArriveCAN submission for this itinerary requires entering false data. 

1 hour ago, bebe08 said:

WOW will isn't this a hot mess.  Can anyone who has done a similar itinerary with HAL provide any insight as to how they completed the Arrivecan? 

I’m back on being confused again. My understanding is you need to submit ArriveCan for leaving Quebec. From Boston to back in Canada you need to do another submission through ArriveCAN 

12 minutes ago, broberts said:

The itinerary does not enter / visit Canada. The only way to make an ArriveCAN submission for this itinerary requires entering false data. 

I would enter the arrival date when arriving in Boston. Your departure is from Canada on what ever that date is. Also select that your on a Cruise. ArriveCAN doesn’t ask you the Country you will be arriving to. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Haha 1

What the difference from sailing out of Vancouver or Quebec. Your above reply to me for sailing out of Vancouver was-

You will need a single ArriveCAN submission, but you will need to submit it within 72 hours before embarking on your cruise in Vancouver”

Now you stated for leaving Quebec “the bottom line is that there is no requirement for an ArriveCAN submission”. Is it because there leaving Quebec and arriving in Boston. Our case is we leave Vancouver and returning to Vancouver. 

The Vancouver itinerary leaves Canada and then returns, i.e. it enters Canada. The Quebec itinerary leaves Canada and does not return, i.e. it does not enter Canada.

ArriveCAN is required to enter Canada. One needs to make a submission sometime in the 72 hours prior to boarding your flight, train, car, or cruise.

From https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

Cruises that are staying in Canadian waters or not returning to Canada

All travellers are required to take a pre-embarkation COVID-19 test before embarking on a cruise in Canada, even if the cruise ship is not leaving Canadian waters

Travellers who are staying within Canada throughout their entire journey or who are leaving Canada and not returning don’t have to complete ArriveCAN.

1 minute ago, DHP1 said:

I would enter the arrival date when arriving in Boston. Your departure is from Canada on what ever that date is. 

One must provide a port of entry into Canada.