Non smoker question: Symphony

cwmcaa

15 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Didn't work. ☹️

I would have called again. When I called GS they sent security up. Went on our balcony and smelled it coming from next door. They must have done something since we didn’t smell it again. The wind was blowing in our direction and it was really bad while in port. I think sometimes people don’t care about the rules and sometimes maybe they haven’t cruised since the policy went into effect so they don’t know any better.

Edited by ReneeFLL

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I would have called again. When I called GS they sent security up. Went on our balcony and smelled it coming from next door. They must have done something since we didn’t smell it again. The wind was blowing in our direction and it was really bad while in port. I think sometimes people don’t care about the rules and sometimes maybe they haven’t cruised since the policy went into effect so they don’t know any better.

We didn't have anyone smoking on their balcony next to us. I believe someone else wrote about that.😉

6 minutes ago, lovelife said:

We didn't have anyone smoking on their balcony next to us. I believe someone else wrote about that.😉

Based on your original post everyone should have been complaining and demanding someone from the ships security do something about the violators. I get it no one wants to spend their time complaining to GS. But my opinion is I didn't pay for a smoking cruise or even worse... As you said it was ignored by the staff. Unreal! Did you annotate this on your PCS and contact Miami when you returned home? I will admit your experience (violators and staff) is the worst I've ever heard of.   

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Based on your original post everyone should have been complaining and demanding someone from the ships security do something about the violators. I get it no one wants to spend their time complaining to GS. But my opinion is I didn't pay for a smoking cruise or even worse... As you said it was ignored by the staff. Unreal! Did you annotate this on your PCS and contact Miami when you returned home? I will admit your experience (violators and staff) is the worst I've ever heard of.   

Yes, I wrote a scathing PCS but have not contacted Miami (good idea!).

I guess we have been very lucky as we've never had issues with smokers.  I know a few times I've gotten a whiff of smoke on a balcony, but it was just a quick thing and I could never tell where it was coming from so I just ignored it.  One time, there was a guy walking around the pool deck with a lit cigarette.  He was going back and forth between where his family was seated and the smoking area.