Scenic Christmas River Cruise

rachiem

Hi

We are looking at doing our first River Cruise and the excellent offers with Scenic are pulling us towards choosing them.

The choice is between the Danube or the Rhine. 2023!

The transfer from the ship back to the airport seems a long way on the Danube option....168km where as the Rhine is less than half that. Obviously that's not a deal breaker in any way but without anything to compare it to, it's pushing me towards the Rhine ...prices are comparible

The other option is to leave it to this time next year to book(as this is payment in full upfront) and just go with whatever is available?

1. Day 2 - Budapest

2. Day 3 - Vienna

3. Day 4 - Vienna

4. Day 5 - Dürnstein > Melk

5. Day 6 - Salzburg, Austria or Ceský Krumlov, Czech Republic

6. Day 7 - Regensburg

7. Day 8 - Nuremberg > Munich

8. RHINE CRUISE DETAILS
  9. Day 2 - Amsterdam

10. Day 3 - Cologne

11. Day 4 - Koblenz

12. Day 5 - Heidelberg > Rastatt

13. Day 6 - Baden- Baden

14. Day 7 - Kehl > Strasbourg

15. Day 8 - Basel

Edited by rachiem

• rachiem changed the title to Scenic Christmas River Cruise

Hi @rachiem.  Those are both great itineraries, in my opinion.  Since you're in England, getting to Amsterdam is a lot quicker than getting to Budapest, so that may be a consideration.  On another line, when the cruise ended in Basel, we flew out of Basel.  Does Scenic fly you out of Zurich?

Keep in mind that Christmas cruises are very popular, so I'm not sure waiting to do a last minute booking next year is a good strategy.  Also, there's a lot of pent up demand due to cancellations and deferrals from 2020 and 2021.

I'm sure others will come along to offer their opinions and advice.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply. I know that there is a direct flight from Basel to our local airport but Scenic state Zurich. Not sure whether they can change the airport for us though...may be worth asking.

The offer that Scenic have at the moment is for another week. I'm not keen on full payment up front but if this is a good bargain (which seems it compared to the other cruises) it's worth booking

It’s only that bargain price because it’s full cost up front, you’d pay full price if it was the usual terms 90 days out pay in full. Oh it’s worth talking to Scenic air staff but where the flights are to and from could be tied up with bargain price.

Edited by Canal archive
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, notamermaid said:

May I ask, is there a specific reason some of what is written is in a different colour? Is that Christmas Day? Or are those Christmas market itineraries?

notamermaid

I don't know actually as I just cut and pasted it but I feel like I need to look investigate further now 😉