Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda

Floridastorm

Ready to book for the 9/17 Caribbean cruise. Looked at Ocean View and Aqua Class cabins and they all seem to be below activity decks. Too much possibility of noise. So, now looking at Deluxe Ocean View with Veranda (balcony stateroom). Decks 7,8,9,10 all seem to be activity free above and below them. How are these decks and cabins for relative quietness at night? Is there any one area that is better than another? My wife has trouble with the movement of the ship forward so we're looking at mid ship or aft. 

Any assistance, prior to booking, would be most appreciated. 

Dave  🤔

We have always booked Deck 8 or 9 mid-ship balcony staterooms,  on the slant of the hump, due to them having a larger balcony. I can’t say we noticed any noise from people passing the door, nor from above or below. The only irritating noise we had one time, was from the people in the next room allowing their door to slam closed  when the went in and out. You could get that kind of neighbour in any location.😉

Good luck with choosing!

1 hour ago, Floridastorm said:

Ready to book for the 9/17 Caribbean cruise. Looked at Ocean View and Aqua Class cabins and they all seem to be below activity decks. Too much possibility of noise. So, now looking at Deluxe Ocean View with Veranda (balcony stateroom). Decks 7,8,9,10 all seem to be activity free above and below them. How are these decks and cabins for relative quietness at night? Is there any one area that is better than another? My wife has trouble with the movement of the ship forward so we're looking at mid ship or aft. 

Dave  🤔

I would think the aft would be just as bad as forward. The ship pitches somewhere near the center so both aft and fwd would have longer/stronger movements. (Roll would make very little difference except for maybe inside cabins in the center or very high cabins.)

Also as a side note: We don't book aft cabins anymore since one cruise we were on that we could feel the vibration from the screws (propellers for non-sailors). Might have just been that ship with some issues but we didn't want to chance it again.

I have minor issues with vertigo (just enough to make me fill a wee bit "ill" during rough seas) and have always had great luck with Deck 7, not terribly far aft of the aft elevators. [Added: Behind the elevators gets us out of some of the heavier traffic.] I love Deck 7 mostly for my lady because it's often closest to our MDR. We don't do the theater a lot, so no matter on that. Deck 7 is also very typically two decks up from the "promenade" noise, bands etc, so it's always very quiet, yet we can walk down the stairs to where the action is on Deck 4 or 5, plus the MDR. Done that on 3 cruise lines and several different ships over the past many years and it's always worked fine for me and mine.

Edited by Moonarino

4 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

I would think the aft would be just as bad as forward. The ship pitches somewhere near the center so both aft and fwd would have longer/stronger movements. (Roll would make very little difference except for maybe inside cabins in the center or very high cabins.)

Also as a side note: We don't book aft cabins anymore since one cruise we were on that we could feel the vibration from the screws (propellers for non-sailors). Might have just been that ship with some issues but we didn't want to chance it again.

Thank You 👍

3 hours ago, Moonarino said:

I have minor issues with vertigo (just enough to make me fill a wee bit "ill" during rough seas) and have always had great luck with Deck 7, not terribly far aft of the aft elevators. [Added: Behind the elevators gets us out of some of the heavier traffic.] I love Deck 7 mostly for my lady because it's often closest to our MDR. We don't do the theater a lot, so no matter on that. Deck 7 is also very typically two decks up from the "promenade" noise, bands etc, so it's always very quiet, yet we can walk down the stairs to where the action is on Deck 4 or 5, plus the MDR. Done that on 3 cruise lines and several different ships over the past many years and it's always worked fine for me and mine.

Appreciate the advice. As such, We will be booking Deck 7 just aft of the elevators. 😊

3 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Appreciate the advice. As such, We will be booking Deck 7 just aft of the elevators. 

Beware of the Hideaway, where on our recent cruise teenagers hung out. 
It is supposed to be a quiet area and coffee lounge.

Last Year , we were in 7201, which was just far enough away.

This year, we were in 7261, which I found a long walk from the theatre at night.

All the rooms are a standard design on the ‘S class’ ships. 
The above picture is taken on Silhouette, which was refurbished just before the pandemic.

52D9DE8E-18C0-4F1E-9DE9-E68DF81BF8A8.jpeg

You are confusing me 🙂
I guess you are talking Equinox - then it would be Deluxe Veranda.

For all I know Deluxe Ocean View with Veranda is a category on E-Class. Those are the terrible Porthole Verandas.

Aqua Class A2 staterooms forward are under quiet areas like the spa. We never really had problems with movement there. S class is pretty stable. But I guess it depends how sensitive one is.

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Beware of the Hideaway, where on our recent cruise teenagers hung out. 
It is supposed to be a quiet area and coffee lounge.

Last Year , we were in 7201, which was just far enough away.

This year, we were in 7261, which I found a long walk from the theatre at night.

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully we won't see a repeat of that on our November cruise. We're in one of the angled-balcony rooms just aft of the elevators.

Distance from the theater is certainly a downside, although my lady and I haven't traditionally been big show patrons. But she's curious about this on our upcoming 10-day cruise. At least Silhouette isn't Oasis class. 🤨

8 hours ago, Miaminice said:

You are confusing me 🙂
I guess you are talking Equinox - then it would be Deluxe Veranda.

For all I know Deluxe Ocean View with Veranda is a category on E-Class. Those are the terrible Porthole Verandas.

Aqua Class A2 staterooms forward are under quiet areas like the spa. We never really had problems with movement there. S class is pretty stable. But I guess it depends how sensitive one is.

https://www.*****.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=10704

Click on the deck plan and bring up deck 7.

Edited by Floridastorm

2 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

https://www.*****.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=10704

Click on the deck plan and bring up deck 7.

You might want to use Celebrity´s website. No such designation by Celebrity. 🤷🏻

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-equinox

Edited by Miaminice

21 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Dave  🤔

I've been on most of the S class ships in a balcony cabin anywhere from mid ship to aft and never had issues with noise. Just make sure when you book your deck or location has cabins below and above and you won't go wrong.