Transferring Crown and Anchor points / status from father to son

gizbug

Growing up, My family has been on maybe 25 RCL cruises in my lifetime (I am now 40).

Last year I took my wife and kids on RCL, and tried to use my fathers C&A number.  They said that was not allowed, but if my father no longer cruised with RCL, that he could transfer/forfeit his Points/Status to me, his son.

I called RCL this weekend and they say this is not true.

Has anyone been in similar situation?  All the cruises he went on when I was young, I was also on the same ships at the same time.  I figured instead of me starting from scratch, there would be some way since we are "Family" and he no longer cruises, that I could also apply his status/points.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gizbug said:

Growing up, My family has been on maybe 25 RCL cruises in my lifetime (I am now 40).

Last year I took my wife and kids on RCL, and tried to use my fathers C&A number.  They said that was not allowed, but if my father no longer cruised with RCL, that he could transfer/forfeit his Points/Status to me, his son.

I called RCL this weekend and they say this is not true.

Has anyone been in similar situation?  All the cruises he went on when I was young, I was also on the same ships at the same time.  I figured instead of me starting from scratch, there would be some way since we are "Family" and he no longer cruises, that I could also apply his status/points.

You were told incorrect information the first time.  Points cannot be transferred. Norobably a new agent thinking of transferring a FCC 

Royal should have record of all your cruises though and you would get the points that way. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

You should have whatever level your father had prior to you turning 18.  I would call the CAS number & inquire.  This assumes you had a CAS number of your own back then.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, gizbug said:

All the cruises he went on when I was young, I was also on the same ships at the same time.

You should get the same points and status if you did the same cruises. 

One difference; it's possible for a minor child to gain the status of a higher status parent if they both cruise Royal. Going into our last cruise, my wife and I were Emerald by points, our daughter Platinum...but she was given our Emerald status as our daughter. At the end of the cruise, my wife and I turned Diamond status, which our daughter will have gained, too. Wife and I have 87 points and kid has 56 points (she'd now be Emerald by her own points). 

This status sharing stops when the kid hits 18, but they get to keep the parent's status at that time (but only their own points, not the parent's). 

If I understand correctly, if my wife and I never cruise again, and our daughter goes on a Royal Caribbean cruise at age 25, for example, she will be Diamond, but have the points she got from her own cruising, not ours. So if she ever hits Diamond Plus, she'll have to build off her actual accrued points, not mine. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gizbug said:

Thanks. No clue what my CAS # would have been as a kid as I never paid attention. I just know my dad has a #, not sure if they can pull up my old account if I had one or not...

If you had one they should be able to pull it up with your name and dob

• Like 1