Fishing on the Ocean? Things to do at night?

cuccumella

Hello! Has anyone been on an oceanic fishing trip in San Juan that they'd recommend? Particularly one that took place in the evening/at night?

Our Ship will be docked Thursday January 5th San Juan, Puerto Rico: From 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM. My parents want to go fishing but my brother and I? Not so much. Anyone have any recommendations on night time activities in Old San Juan?

Most fishing charters go out in the early morning.  You might find a sunset sail excursion on the web.

And I think January is a low season time.

But see if there's a bioluminescene kayak tour available. Some great restaurants on OSJ.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

January is in the tourism high season in Puerto Rico, which runs from mid December to early/mid April. While January tourism is a bit lower than Christmas/New Years it's still near peak.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

January is in the tourism high season in Puerto Rico, which runs from mid December to early/mid April. While January tourism is a bit lower than Christmas/New Years it's still near peak.

I was referring to deep sea fishing which tends to be better May through October. tuna and peacokc bass are good all year round.

On 8/24/2022 at 4:53 AM, crewsweeper said:

Most fishing charters go out in the early morning.  You might find a sunset sail excursion on the web.

But see if there's a bioluminescene kayak tour available. Some great restaurants on OSJ.

Thank you for the info!! I'm going to see how my family feels about kayaking and warn them that time isn't great for fishing

On 8/24/2022 at 7:53 AM, crewsweeper said:

I did a bioluminescence snorkel once.  It was amazing.  

6 hours ago, cuccumella said:

That sounds like EXACTLY our speed! Was it run by the cruiseline? If not do you happen to remember what company you went with?

I was in Puerto Rico for a week several years ago.

• 10 months later...