Upper Suite Benefits

oh2cruise

Silly question but I know the gelato and specialty restaurants are free for RS and above, but how does that work in reality? Like when I go to get some gelato do I have to say that I am in the PH and that it should be free? Or is the sea pass just coded to ring up as $0 for these things?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Silly question but I know the gelato and specialty restaurants are free for RS and above, but how does that work in reality? Like when I go to get some gelato do I have to say that I am in the PH and that it should be free? Or is the sea pass just coded to ring up as $0 for these things?

11 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Our sea pass card seemed to be coded, because after we gave it to the nice crew for our gelatos, she advised us it was free because we were in PH.  (We never told her our suite since we assumed we had a free gelato arising from our Captain Club status) 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Our sea pass card seemed to be coded, because after we gave it to the nice crew for our gelatos, she advised us it was free because we were in PH.  (We never told her our suite since we assumed we had a free gelato arising from our Captain Club status) 

Same with specialty dining then? Do they just bring a $0 bill?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Or is the sea pass just coded to ring up as $0 for these things?

There is an interactive feature on the TV so you can keep track of your account. I check it at least once a day. Free Specialty Dining, Premium Drink Package, and Premium Wifi for RS and above. Are you in a PH on this sailing?

5 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Your card indicates you are in the PH, you should automatically not be charged with anything. Occasionally, however, an error can slip through.

3 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

There is an interactive feature on the TV so you can keep track of your account. I check it at least once a day. Free Specialty Dining, Premium Drink Package, and Premium Wifi for RS and above.

Agree, just check every few days and definitely at the end of the cruise that no charges have appeared. If anything has (other than things you might have bought like wine by the bottle) just let the Retreat concierge know and it will be cancelled. 

4 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Same with specialty dining then? Do they just bring a $0 bill?

They bring you nothing unless you wish to add a tip to your account. If you do simply request a receipt and explain why. In our experience, however, the staff prefer cash tips as they then keep the tip, if it goes on the slip it goes in the general pool.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It comes up on your sea pass card. However if it’s a child you are with then it doesn’t show their room. Well it didn’t for us. Only when DH went down with our youngest did we realise she was being charged. 

5 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

It comes up on your sea pass card. However if it’s a child you are with then it doesn’t show their room. Well it didn’t for us. Only when DH went down with our youngest did we realise she was being charged. 

I think it is a third/fourth person in a room issue sometimes. On a couple of occasions on boarding our son has not had his premium drinks package indicated on his card and the concierge has had to put it on….

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, prmssk said:

I have been taking notes so we can be prepared to talk to the shoreside concierge when we hear from them and then our butler when we embark.

We received an email from our Retreat Suite Concierge last week (40 days out) and have exchanged emails concerning our requests. I missed a call yesterday (35 days out) from Celebrity Engagement, asking if I needed assistance with booking specialty dining. They left a phone number and extension. I guess I'll make up my mind today and ring them back. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

We received an email from our Retreat Suite Concierge last week (40 days out) and have exchanged emails concerning our requests. I missed a call yesterday (35 days out) from Celebrity Engagement, asking if I needed assistance with booking specialty dining. They left a phone number and extension. I guess I'll make up my mind today and ring them back. 

You always can just drop them a note via email. It usually takes them a day or two to get back a confirmation (although it's been longer at times).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Sharing this timing is helpful.  We are 32 days out and I haven't heard anything yet.  I've been debating at what point I should proactively reach out if I haven't heard from them.  It sounds like anytime now is a good time to do that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prmssk said:

at what point I should proactively reach out

These were the contacts for the Beyond.

Rachel Nye

Retreat Suite Concierge

Celebrity Beyond

ConciergeRachel@celebrity.com

1-877-738-7328, Option #3

Ginelys Stevens

Retreat Suite Concierge

Celebrity Beyond

ConciergeGinelys@celebrity.com

305-614-1334

Edited by danceswithphones

8 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

These were the contacts for the Beyond.

Rachel Nye

Retreat Suite Concierge

Celebrity Beyond

ConciergeRachel@celebrity.com

Ginelys Stevens

Retreat Suite Concierge

Celebrity Beyond

ConciergeGinelys@celebrity.com

305-614-1334

Thanks!  We are on the Constellation though.  Unless someone else has the contacts for the Constellation, I'll just reach out through the general retreat phone number or e-mail.

28 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Thanks!  We are on the Constellation though.  Unless someone else has the contacts for the Constellation, I'll just reach out through the general retreat phone number or e-mail.

The -7328 number works for all ships AFAIK.  I used it last time for Constellation.  

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2022 at 2:37 AM, wineoclock said:

We had that problem on Millie earlier this year.  Despite being in a PH, EACH time we ordered gelato the attendant handed us a bill--and we had to explain that there was an error.  Truly a high class problem, but one tedious enough that we just stopped going there mid-cruise.  The devil is in the details.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

We had that problem on Millie earlier this year.  Despite being in a PH, EACH time we ordered gelato the attendant handed us a bill--and we had to explain that there was an error.  Truly a high class problem, but one tedious enough that we just stopped going there mid-cruise.  The devil is in the details.

Exactly. If I’m paying an extreme amount of money for a PH and free gelato is a perk of sailing in a PH, then I don’t want to be put in an awkward position where I have to ask and correct someone to tell them it should be free at the point of sale. 

• Like 5

We won't be on Solstice until March, but already received an email last month from:

Zora Breazeale
ConciergeZora@celebrity.com
1.877.RETREAT (Prompt #3)

And re gelato, on our Summit cruise in June, it was hit and miss, but no big deal, we signed when asked to, and stellar retreat concierges Mar & Penelope were on the lookout to take care of the   (many 😁) charges that appeared.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maggipie said:

We won't be on Solstice until March, but already received an email last month from:

Zora Breazeale
ConciergeZora@celebrity.com
1.877.RETREAT (Prompt #3)

And re gelato, on our Summit cruise in June, it was hit and miss, but no big deal, we signed when asked to, and stellar retreat concierges Mar & Penelope were on the lookout to take care of the   (many 😁) charges that appeared.

Crazy! I’ve been booked since July. Thank you. 

19 hours ago, prmssk said:

Sharing this timing is helpful.  We are 32 days out and I haven't heard anything yet.  I've been debating at what point I should proactively reach out if I haven't heard from them.  It sounds like anytime now is a good time to do that.

I wouldn't even think of worrying about it until around two weeks before sailing. For our recent sailing, I think it was about three weeks prior that we heard from the concierge. 

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 4:06 PM, RichYak said:

Can you share which ships you sailed?

Sorry.  Missed your post....not ignoring it.  All were Caribbean sailings .Summit was in September 2021 & Constellation the end of November 20212:  everything extra ordinary.  Infinity in August 2022 was far below what we had experienced.  All sailings were in the  PS so trying to compare apples to apples.  (And none of the sailings at full capacity.).

So glad I found this thread, I am 21 days out from my first X cruise on Solstice in a Royal Suite. Was just starting to wonder if I should be hearing from someone and if I needed to book specialty dining, etc. Sounds like I don't need to poke the bear yet. 

• Like 3