Upper Suite Benefits

oh2cruise

I’m loving this thread, thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. 

Can people share what some of their requests have been to the shore side team prior to the cruise? What kinds of things do you ask for?

Has anyone requested the Peloton bike for their suite? 

We have a PH on Millennium in November so I want to make the most of it. SO excited!

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

The PH on the M class ship looks amazing.  We’re you able to use the balcony when underway?

Thanks

Yes, we spent hours watching the wake of the ship…A wonderful place for breakfast, a wonderful area to relax on. You can lie in the sun or in the shade…The large fridge in the butlers pantry makes it easy to be well stocked with snacks and drinks.

Some of the balcony is covered so even if it is raining you can move a sun bed to this area and still enjoy. We have happy memories of this space watching a storm…

When we have cruised in the M PH we often find after dinner we prefer to return to our room and enjoy a drink on the balcony than visit any bar…We would lie for hours watching the stars and have even spotted the occasional shooting star! Magical.

We have only enjoyed the M  PH in the Caribbean. I am not sure if we would enjoy the balcony the same in rough seas.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Can people share what some of their requests have been to the shore side team prior to the cruise? What kinds of things do you ask for?

We have a PH on Millennium in November so I want to make the most of it. SO excited!

We draft a list for the shoreside concierge about a month prior to cruising. After a phone call we email the list, we have found this much more reliable than relying on verbal messages.

Things we ask for….

Spirit choice (basically any two bottles from the premium list)

Beer and soda selection.

Pillow choice

Kettle and tea tray

Sometimes a fruit bowl

Dining requests

Never requested a Peleton bike…you could discuss with the shoreside concierge but they may say they can not sort and you need to request after boarding. It could be there are health and safety reasons why this cannot be sorted but worth asking.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise…

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

For the dining requests, I assume you are talking about specialty restaurants? Because Luminae is just come whenever you want, right?

Correct…

We will also add if we are celebrating something special when on board. For example, last cruise we requested a ‘Welcome aboard’  cake for our son’s GF as it was her first cruise. It was in the suite ready!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

It was pretty amazing sitting out there pulling away from the Hubbard Glacier...!

Oh, my…. I sail in a PH on Millie a week from now, and am praying the weather allows me to enjoy Hubbard while luxuriating on that deck!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yes we got the Peloton on the Millie last week. We arranged it in advance via the shoreside concierge. They placed it next to the pod chair.  Was fantastic!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, texkat said:

Oh, my…. I sail in a PH on Millie a week from now, and am praying the weather allows me to enjoy Hubbard while luxuriating on that deck!  

Texkat—you’ll love it. The veranda is massive (over 1,000sqft) with both covered and uncovered seating areas…we used it even when it was raining.  The wind does blow strongly when  the ship is moving (more than in RS I think), but only on the side near the hot tub and part of the outside dining table…the rest of the veranda was pretty wind free. We enjoyed a breakfast outside on a sea day. Are you in 6147 or 6148?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, texkat said:

Your butler will ensure you have plenty of blankets and bring you hot coffee…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Texkat—you’ll love it. The veranda is massive (over 1,000sqft) with both covered and uncovered seating areas…we used it even when it was raining.  The wind does blow strongly when  the ship is moving (more than in RS I think), but only on the side near the hot tub and part of the outside dining table…the rest of the veranda was pretty wind free. We enjoyed a breakfast outside on a sea day. Are you in 6147 or 6148?

6148-  starboard side!  I only booked about a month ago. Was very surprised to see the PH available, so jumped on the opportunity to “live large” for a week!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

No, it isn’t. 

We did get invited to “Dinner on the Edge” on Apex in March. It’s a multi-course dinner on the magic carpet. We didn’t know about it until our butler asked if we wanted to go. $139pp but we were not charged, it was included with the RS. Amazing dinner!

1 hour ago, texkat said:

6148-  starboard side!  I only booked about a month ago. Was very surprised to see the PH available, so jumped on the opportunity to “live large” for a week!

Ah, we were in 6147--I was going to give you all the butler/steward info as that duo were fantastic...but you'll have a different one you'll share with the 4 starboard RSs.  Andrea is the Director of Hotel Services (?) and is fantastic; Robert is the Retreat Manager and is fine (but just not as outgoing at Andrea).  Overall it's a great crew and the suite will be fantastic.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

What night is Dinner on the Edge and how does it compare to to Chef’s Dinner or CV?  Can anyone comment on the “CV” versus the Chef’s Dinner beyond the cost?  Any clue what nights the Chef’s diner or “CV” would be held?

Specific to Apex if it matters on a 12 day cruise.

22 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

My wife asked for a Peloton on the Summit last November she loved it

• Like 1

We are going on our 1st Celebrity cruise in an RS cabin on the Equinox at the end of September.  I've been in contact with the shoreside concierge a few times already and Phillip has been a wonder.  I sent him a note mentioning that the price of shore excursions had dropped considerably since we booked them and asked if we should cancel and rebook or if he could work some magic.  I must have caught him at just the right time because about 10 minutes later I got a reply saying he had added an OBC for the difference in pricing.  I'm a trust but verify kind of person and yes, there was the OBC on our account.

Other cruise lines we've been on have forms you can complete for staff and crew who go above and beyond.  Does Celebrity do the same and do you know if there is a way to do the same for shoreside staff?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bizylizy1123 said:

Other cruise lines we've been on have forms you can complete for staff and crew who go above and beyond.  Does Celebrity do the same and do you know if there is a way to do the same for shoreside staff?

Yes, absolutely for onboard, but have never seen anything comparable for shoreside.

An email to corporate's engagement center would be a nice gesture.

Celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com

Edited by canderson
Usual phone typoz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, canderson said:

Yes, absolutely for onboard, but have never seen anything comparable for shoreside.

An email to corporate's engagement center would be a nice gesture.

Celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com

In 2019, we had an incredible shoreside concierge who went above and beyond for us.  Upon return from our cruise, I sent her a thank you note with a gift card.  Soon after, I received a call from her thanking me for the note and gift card, but she said that she was told that she was mailing the gift card back as she would not be allowed to keep it.  What a shame!  I was very upset about this and contacted her supervisor who told me that "those are the rules."  The supervisor could not give me an answer as to why on board concierge's can accept tips and gifts but the onshore could not accept them.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, peanut head said:

In 2019, we had an incredible shoreside concierge who went above and beyond for us.  Upon return from our cruise, I sent her a thank you note with a gift card.  Soon after, I received a call from her thanking me for the note and gift card, but she said that she was told that she was mailing the gift card back as she would not be allowed to keep it.  

That's a shame.  Will keep that in mind.

Was very surprised to receive the first email from a new-to-us shoreside concierge (Terrikka) today.  Our sailing isn't until 31 October.  We didn't hear nearly that early for our last cruise.  Guess they're finally getting into a rhythm again at corporate.

• Like 1