Upper Suite Benefits

oh2cruise

1 hour ago, canderson said:

That's a shame.  Will keep that in mind.

Was very surprised to receive the first email from a new-to-us shoreside concierge (Terrikka) today.  Our sailing isn't until 31 October.  We didn't hear nearly that early for our last cruise.  Guess they're finally getting into a rhythm again at corporate.

Terrikka is excellent.  She’s been our shoreside concierge for at least 3 cruises on Reflection.

16 hours ago, canderson said:

That's a shame.  Will keep that in mind.

Was very surprised to receive the first email from a new-to-us shoreside concierge (Terrikka) today.  Our sailing isn't until 31 October.  We didn't hear nearly that early for our last cruise.  Guess they're finally getting into a rhythm again at corporate.

I've also worked with Terrikka, and I agree that she is wonderful.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:26 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

I’m loving this thread, thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. 

Can people share what some of their requests have been to the shore side team prior to the cruise? What kinds of things do you ask for?

Has anyone requested the Peloton bike for their suite? 

We have a PH on Millennium in November so I want to make the most of it. SO excited!

We received an email from the shoreside concierge yesterday for our Oct 15 Solstice cruise in a royal suite. One thing we asked for was a small real refrigerator for my wife’s injectable medication. We’ve had both types - the kind that is just basically a chest and the kind that actually cools. We need the refrigerant in there 😎
last January we did a 12 night in a royal suite and a 11 night in a concierge suite. Don’t think it was my imagination but the service and experience in the RS was a notch or two above the CS. Just a different level of everything. May have just been our staff and they were on 2 different ships. 

• Like 4

So, I'm guessing if you're in a sky suite, you basically get nothing( except a slightly larger room)!!  I haven't had anyone email me asking me any questions regarding likes/dislikes on our upcoming Reflection cruise. LOL. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, calicakes said:

So, I'm guessing if you're in a sky suite, you basically get nothing( except a slightly larger room)!!  I haven't had anyone email me asking me any questions regarding likes/dislikes on our upcoming Reflection cruise. LOL. 

You get Luminae the suite dinning room which has great service and about as good as specialty restaurants, plus suite lounge, also concierge to help with any problems. Nothing wrong about sky suites, we have cruised everything between sky and penthouse. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, judatt said:

We received an email from the shoreside concierge yesterday for our Oct 15 Solstice cruise in a royal suite. One thing we asked for was a small real refrigerator for my wife’s injectable medication. We’ve had both types - the kind that is just basically a chest and the kind that actually cools. We need the refrigerant in there 😎
last January we did a 12 night in a royal suite and a 11 night in a concierge suite. Don’t think it was my imagination but the service and experience in the RS was a notch or two above the CS. Just a different level of everything. May have just been our staff and they were on 2 different ships. 

Awesome! That means I should be hearing for 10/22 RS very soon!

Just heard from my concierge. We are in a PH on Summit in October.  I had asked about pjs/robes she said there are none right now.  I put in 1st and 2nd choices of each type of alcohol I wanted for my bar bottles, she doesn't think they have any of the 4.  My husband picked 6 beers, she doesn't think they have any of them.  These were all picked off Celebrity's site.  I know there is a sourcing issue now, but maybe update the site or just stop promising things you can't deliver on.   Hoping the news is better once on board. Seems like a waste of time to keep going back and forth.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Julma said:

Just heard from my concierge. We are in a PH on Summit in October.  I had asked about pjs/robes she said there are none right now.  I put in 1st and 2nd choices of each type of alcohol I wanted for my bar bottles, she doesn't think they have any of the 4.  My husband picked 6 beers, she doesn't think they have any of them.  These were all picked off Celebrity's site.  I know there is a sourcing issue now, but maybe update the site or just stop promising things you can't deliver on.   Hoping the news is better once on board. Seems like a waste of time to keep going back and forth.  

Given that, I'd wait until boarding and hit one of the bars, see what they're serving, pick from those, and let the PRH know which ones work for you.

In the past, it has become clear that the shoreside folks aren't very well connected to ship specifics, even though they are assigned to specific ships.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, calicakes said:

So wrong!  You get personalized service onboard from your host, as well as your room steward.  You get entry into Luminae restaurant for breakfast and dinner, as well as a wonderful lunch on embarkation day.  You get access to the Retreat Lounge which includes drinks and snacks at certain times.  On new or revolutionized ships you get access to the Retreat Deck as well.  You get priority embarkation, as well as priority disembarkation and priority tendering.  On elegant chic nights you get preferred seating in the theater.  You get premium drinks and premium internet included.  You get upgraded toiletries and robes.  And there's probably more but it isn't coming to mind.  All in all, hardly nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

So wrong!  You get personalized service onboard from your host, as well as your room steward.  You get entry into Luminae restaurant for breakfast and dinner, as well as a wonderful lunch on embarkation day.  You get access to the Retreat Lounge which includes drinks and snacks at certain times.  On new or revolutionized ships you get access to the Retreat Deck as well.  You get priority embarkation, as well as priority disembarkation and priority tendering.  On elegant chic nights you get preferred seating in the theater.  You get premium drinks and premium internet included.  You get upgraded toiletries and robes.  And there's probably more but it isn't coming to mind.  All in all, hardly nothing.

I was actually being facetious. With that being said, When I tried to check in online, I could not get an earlier time.   

9 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Lunch. Is available every day except when in port , all sea days Luminae is open for lunch. Retreat has small menu but that is open for lunch even when you are in port. 

1 minute ago, calicakes said:

I was actually being facetious. With that being said, When I tried to check in online, I could not get an earlier time.   

You don't need one. It doesn't matter what your assigned boarding time is, show up whenever.

8 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Even in Rome? 

Works that way in other Euro ports, so would have to assume yes.  

It's strictly a function of lousy programming in the check-in code that suite guests at ALL ports are always asked to pick an .. irrelevant .. boarding time.  

On 8/30/2022 at 3:43 PM, calicakes said:

We are in a SS on Equinox in October.  Just received an email from Shoreside Concierge asking several questions about our preferences including welcoming beverage, bed configuration, extra blankets and hangers and what we like to do in port.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

We are in a SS on Equinox in October.  Just received an email from Shoreside Concierge asking several questions about our preferences including welcoming beverage, bed configuration, extra blankets and hangers and what we like to do in port.

Wow, I wonder why we haven't received the same.  Our cruise departs on Sept 16th. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Wow, I wonder why we haven't received the same.  Our cruise departs on Sept 16th. 

We have been in SS 5 times and this is the first email about preferences we have ever received.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Julma said:

Probably the same person I had in a PH on Summit earlier this summer.  She confirmed nothing. She was wrong about everything.   I got most things sorted out on board.  And she said no pajamas but there were monogrammed pajamas.

Edited by JFontaine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

Lucky you!! We are on a Celebrity Suite on the Apex in 11 days and no email for us... we had an Edge Villa and  a Royal Suite on our last two cruises and I really miss the pre-cruise communication. 😐

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:20 PM, islabahia said:

We must be outliers….we have no desire to dine with an officer.  

We prefer to be low key and do our own thing.  We prepare a list for the butler of requests, likes, dislikes and if we have made dinner reservations advising dates/times as well.  I have social anxiety and being around large numbers of people is not enjoyable for me.  

You are about like us.  I have a list, but I do expect some, just a few things.

11 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Probably the same person I had in a PH on Summit earlier this summer.  She confirmed nothing. She was wrong about everything.   I got most things sorted out on board.  And she said no pajamas but there were monogrammed pajamas.

Thank you!  I had her twice this year, once for an SS and once for a CS and nothing we asked for was provided.  It was really nothing, just wanted to save the Retreat Host a few steps on the first day.

• Like 2