Western Caribbean excursions

Kjkerr1430

Hi, first time cruiser, going solo, need advice and insight into excursions in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan. I'm into history but not fake history. I'm checking out Mayan ruins in Belize and considering cooking class in Cozumel. If being on the beach at any of the locations is awesome I'm good to hang at the beach.

Thanks

Ken

Go Army a Beat Navy!

Paradise Beach Club all inclusive in Cozumel. We have been there 3 or 4 times and does not disappoint. Book privately through their website. Roatan has fabulous snorkeling and have been there 3 times.  We did a day pass private at Infinity Bay Resort and Spa last trip and was nice! 

Edited by 2boyzmom
  • Like 1

when we were in grand cayman we went swimming with the sting rays.lot of fun, they come right up to you to play. i got kissed by one (kinky huh?)

if youre into ruins, when in cozumel, check out Tulum. Much more interesting (imo) than taking a cooking class

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, complawyer said:

when we were in grand cayman we went swimming with the sting rays.lot of fun, they come right up to you to play. i got kissed by one (kinky huh?)

if youre into ruins, when in cozumel, check out Tulum. Much more interesting (imo) than taking a cooking class

I keep seeing Tulum. I'm a first time cruiser and a little concerned about non NCL excursions 

10 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

Paradise Beach Club all inclusive in Cozumel. We have been there 3 or 4 times and does not disappoint. Book privately through their website. Roatan has fabulous snorkeling and have been there 3 times.  We did a day pass private at Infinity Bay Resort and Spa last trip and was nice! 

Paradise beach is excellent, all inclusive made to order food, book through them and get there early and you can end up with a day bed. Roatan, I absolutely recommend little French key!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kjkerr1430 said:

I keep seeing Tulum. I'm a first time cruiser and a little concerned about non NCL excursions 

Personally I would not do Tulum on a non NCL excursion. It’s a fairly long bus ride and you have to deal with the ferries to and from Cozumel. Too much can go wrong.

• Like 1

whenever we were in cozumel, the tulum tours were always through ncl. remember if you take a shore excursion through ncl, if anything goes wrong, the ship waits until you get back. last time we were delayed, and the ship waited for me until after 10:00 pm.

i think the ruins at tulum are amazing (if youre into that kind of stuff) and the bus ride is worth it.

24 minutes ago, complawyer said:

whenever we were in cozumel, the tulum tours were always through ncl. remember if you take a shore excursion through ncl, if anything goes wrong, the ship waits until you get back. last time we were delayed, and the ship waited for me until after 10:00 pm.

i think the ruins at tulum are amazing (if youre into that kind of stuff) and the bus ride is worth it.

Unfortunately, on this cruise NGL is not offering a Tulum excursion.

The one and only time we went to Grand Cayman we used Fat Fish Adventures to go jet skiing out to feed the stingrays and snorkel a little. Highly recommend if they still do that. 
I would not be too concerned about using a private company in Grand Cayman or going to one of the beach clubs by taxi in Cozumel. You'll find it's a very popular thing to do. 

• Like 1