Group reservation for Eden

Airportlimbo

I'm trying to accomplish having dinner with a few rooms that are traveling together but not family. 

Each room has their own OBC. 

When I go to make a reservation online, the system asks if I want to link up to 8 guests (provide reservation and exact birthday for each guest). 

My question are

- If I link them will I be paying for them out of my OBC? 

- Is there a downside to each room booking independently for the same time and either letting the ship/Eden know a day or two before our reservation? 

There is the potential if you do separate bookings that there may not be enough openings.  Eden sells out, when I booked 6 months pre cruise I got a 8:00 time.  The next day DH wanted to change it to 8 30.  When I went back in to change it the only time’s available were 9 and 9:30.  

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

There is the potential if you do separate bookings that there may not be enough openings.  Eden sells out, when I booked 6 months pre cruise I got a 8:00 time.  The next day DH wanted to change it to 8 30.  When I went back in to change it the only time’s available were 9 and 9:30.  

We booked NINE months in advance and seating was limited. So glad I thought to check. Didn’t realize that (a) you could book it that far in advance and (b) that everyone else did and hence it was already selling out. 

One person will have to pay for everyone or use their onboard credit for everyone. 

I wish you luck in getting everyone booked at the same time.  

I went through this a few weeks ago.  There are 4 of us but it was a hassle, especially when I was told, through the Retreat #, that they could book everyone individually and then link the reservations.  The problem was when one person got booked, then there wasn't availability for the next at the same time.  I was on the phone over an hour with the lady trying to do it.  I ended up just booking online, a party of 4, and using my OBC for one restaurant and then my dad's, in another cabin, for the other. 

🍹

In March, when my sister in law linked reservations with ours, all our travel information then came up on her Celebrity app etc.   Seems kind of crazy when all we wanted to do is make dinner reservations together not link our complete trip including payments, etc.    Same issue re using our OBC for one restaurant and them for another.   Seems kind of ridiculous.  

• Like 1