Newark to Europe flights using BOGO air

LGinPA

On 9/4/2022 at 1:27 PM, LGinPA said:

Thanks!  This is still helpful even though there are no direct flights from BWI to BAR, you'd be expecting 1 connection and that's what NCL gave you.  I know you didn't mention it, but I'll assume you used the BOGO air fare.  

We used the BOGO airfare.  On the other side of things there was a couple with a connection of Barcelona - Chicago - Charlotte - BWI

I was thinking of gambling and telling them that we could fly from Dulles or Philadelphia and hope for a non stop.  Decided to keep it easy and make BWI our home airport. Worked out file.  Advantage is that there are a lot of flights from ATL to BWI although not a lot from BWI to JFK

3 hours ago, LGinPA said:

Bumping this in case there's anyone new who chose the discounted BOGO air fare package and received their flights and..

are flying from a mid-west or east coast hub airport offering non-stop to Europe like ATL, BOS, CLT, EWR, IAD, JFK, TOR, going to a European embarkation port like Athens, Barcelona, Rome, etc.    

Please let me know if you were booked by NCL on a non-stop flight in either direction?  If not, what were your connections?  If you had deviations on either end please specify. 

Thank you. 🙂

Just got my flights yesterday for Nov 5th sailing. BOS-LHR-BCN on British Airways outgoing. Direct home from Tampa on Delta. No deviations requested. 

11 hours ago, alanstarr said:

Just got my flights yesterday for Nov 5th sailing. BOS-LHR-BCN on British Airways outgoing. Direct home from Tampa on Delta. No deviations requested. 

Thanks. 

It sounds like your home airport is Boston based on BOS-LHR-BCN. What time will you arrive in BCN, and how long is your layover in Heathrow? 

But I'm confused about "Direct home from Tampa on Delta".  Am I correct to assume it's a transatlantic cruise that ends in Tampa? 

Edited by LGinPA

5 hours ago, LGinPA said:

Thanks. 

It sounds like your home airport is Boston based on BOS-LHR-BCN. What time will you arrive in BCN, and how long is your layover in Heathrow? 

But I'm confused about "Direct home from Tampa on Delta".  Am I correct to assume it's a transatlantic cruise that ends in Tampa? 

2.5 hour layover at LHR, arrive 0625, depart 0855; arrive in Barcelona at 1210.

Yes, its a TA on the Dawn. TPA-BOS flight is at 2pm. (Ship arrival is scheduled for 7am.)

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2022 at 9:57 AM, Sailing12Away said:

Considering how EWR is cheaper than JFK 95% of the time, my guess is that unless there's something odd going on, or flights are packed - they won't choose JFK over EWR if you didn't request them to.

As for the flights - there's 2 different types of air packages that NCL offers. One is the free at sea, and there's another that's more flexible called Premium Air Service. For folks that want a little more control, the second option (although more expensive) may be the way to go.

For an international trip, I personally would never fly in the day of the cruise. Way too many moving parts between a red eye flight, time zone changes, jet lag, customs, etc. It's one thing to go EWR to Miami for a short 3 hour hop, but an 8hr flight overnight to a foreign country... nah. 

We are 20 minutes from Newark airport, for international flights many here end up going out of jfk to save money.

56 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

We are 20 minutes from Newark airport, for international flights many here end up going out of jfk to save money.

Thank you, but will you please clarify:

Are you saying NCL has booked flights out of JFK when EWR was requested? 

Or are you saying that people who live closer to EWR book out of JFK on their own (not NCL booked) because it costs less? 

14 hours ago, LGinPA said:

Thank you, but will you please clarify:

Are you saying NCL has booked flights out of JFK when EWR was requested? 

Or are you saying that people who live closer to EWR book out of JFK on their own (not NCL booked) because it costs less? 

The latter.

9 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

The latter.

Thanks!

I'm still soliciting those who used NCL BOGO air, from US airports where there are non-stop flights to European cruise ports (FCO, BCN ATH). Please post all positive and negative experiences. 

Thank you. 🙂

I'm still soliciting anyone who recently used NCL BOGO air, from US airports where there are non-stop flights to European cruise ports (FCO, BCN ATH).

Please post if NCL got you direct flights or connections.  Thank you. 🙂

outbound

IAD - ATL - FCO 2 day deviation, arrived before noon

(no return it was a TA)

outbound

BWI - ATL - FCO then changed to BWI - JFK (1 hr layover) - LHR - FCO, then changed back to original routing 

Return 

LIS - ATL - BWI

I check routes from all 3 DC airports & EWR then choose which one I think will result in most direct routing (although seeing that 5 leg trip not sure this is any help now) plus which is most convenient for us to avoid traffic snafus en route to airport. Then i monitor up until i cant cancel NCL air to see if I can get a good price & route myself ( not cheaper but good with route certainty)

ALWAYS I go in at least a day early if overseas, West coast or winter.

4 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

outbound

IAD - ATL - FCO 2 day deviation, arrived before noon

(no return it was a TA)

outbound

BWI - ATL - FCO then changed to BWI - JFK (1 hr layover) - LHR - FCO, then changed back to original routing 

Return 

LIS - ATL - BWI

I check routes from all 3 DC airports & EWR then choose which one I think will result in most direct routing (although seeing that 5 leg trip not sure this is any help now) plus which is most convenient for us to avoid traffic snafus en route to airport. Then i monitor up until i cant cancel NCL air to see if I can get a good price & route myself ( not cheaper but good with route certainty)

ALWAYS I go in at least a day early if overseas, West coast or winter.

Thanks.  That seems like sound advice. I have 2 questions for you.

1. Has NCL ever booked you from a different airport than you requested? (Given BWI, DCA and IAD are all within 60 miles, it's within NCL T&C to book you from any of them.

2. You have no issue with 1 connection when, especially from IAD, you can have a direct flights to Europe?  Is it the going early that makes that more palatable? 

1 hour ago, LGinPA said:

Thanks.  That seems like sound advice. I have 2 questions for you.

1. Has NCL ever booked you from a different airport than you requested? (Given BWI, DCA and IAD are all within 60 miles, it's within NCL T&C to book you from any of them.

2. You have no issue with 1 connection when, especially from IAD, you can have a direct flights to Europe?  Is it the going early that makes that more palatable? 

1 - we’ve always been booked out of the airport we selected but I’d be mostly okay with a switch since they’re all about 1 hr +/- from my house …. Barring traffic issues. It might be irritating but manageable (might affect parking costs since if flying from BWI I usually leave my car at a secure company parking lot and take a short uber)

2 - I was okay w 1 connection given the significant savings from booking 2 one-way tix myself 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still soliciting those who used NCL BOGO air, from US airports where there are non-stop flights to European cruise ports (FCO, BCN ATH). Please post all positive and negative experiences. 

I greatly appreciate it!  🙂