liquor available in Concierge Lounge?

On Navigator last Sept. we asked for Canadian Club in the Lounge, as we don't drink Jack Daniels or scotch. Our concierge provided it for the rest of our 14 night b2b cruise. Recently on the Jewel we made this request, but the next night, our new(this was only his third cruise) concierge, Jason, advised he had asked for CC but was told it wasn't available for the Concierge Lounge. I found that to be very poor service on his part. It's served in the bars for goodness sake! To whom should I take up this request if we should encounter this same problem on the Radiance in May? I would guess the Food and Beverage manager?

Just off the Jewel Saturday and had no complaints about Jason whatsoever. He was always willing to provide whatever was asked for. Ships are run separatly and maybe whomever he asked told him it was not available in the Concierge Lounge. Whenever anything ran out he made a call and it was restocked immediately.

I have always been of the mind that when you are a guest you go with the flow. If Jason was having problems getting CC I would have offered to buy him/them/RCI a bottle of CC from the ship's store so they could have it on hand in the Concierge Lounge. That would have put the ball into their court and would assure me of having my CC on hand in the lounge. The Concierge Lounge is a courtesy and I agree with Grandma that whomever Jason asked might not have wanted to supply it. You never know how the food chain on a ship is working at any given time.

ROSS

Next time there is a problem talk to the C&A Loyalty Ambassador, I have always requested something other than what they have and have never been told they can't do that. And if they did, the Captain is always around, and I have stopped him before to chew his ear about a problem.

On our first cruise on the Brillaince what I drink was no where to be found in the lounge. I gave Chris a $50.00 bill and ask him to buy me a bottle and keep the change.The following year first day on the ship and guess what

a new bottle was waiting for me!

We did not ask for anything in particular, when things were running out (mixer, appetizers, etc) he was always right on the ball making a phone call and getting more. I am a gin & tonic person, my least favorite gin is Tanqueray, I really prefer the cheaper brands, but that is what was there and since it was a freeby I didn't bother to ask him to get something else. I feel people start wanting this and that and the next thing we know there will be no concierge lounge.

On our first cruise on the Brillaince what I drink was no where to be found in the lounge. I gave Chris a $50.00 bill and ask him to buy me a bottle and keep the change.The following year first day on the ship and guess what

a new bottle was waiting for me!

Very classy way to handle the issue.

Last fall on the Enchantment we asked Guiseppe if he could get the bar stocked with Myers Rum. He said he didn't see why not. He apologized to us the next night, stating he had made the request to the F & B Manager, who refused. Guiseppe said he didn't really understand why they wouldn't do it, as they can get Myers for less than the Bacardi Gold that was stocked. I didn't take this as a reflection of Guiseppe's skills as a concierge and had I thought to give him a $50 to stock it for me, I would have! Next time... :)

I feel the Concierge Lounge is a courtesy. I can't imagine asking them to get something that isn't provided without giving the Concierge the money as seaver did.

If people complain, I can see where this service will be eliminated. If you went to a party at someone's house would you ask them for something that isn't provided?

I truly can't believe how some people think. The ME ME ME attitudes gets me, but then again, I probably irritate people too.

Champagne was available on the Jewel, also several kinds of wine, it was kept in a small refrigerator and Jason would pour it when someone asked for it and usually would leave it out so they could refresh their own drinks. I agree, it is a nice perk and there is no way they could stock every brand of every liquor, so I just drank the brand that was there.

Being Diamond but having never been on a ship with the concierge lounge, what liquors are provided? I'm a vodka martini drinker. Can I ask for any type of vodka, or is there only certain brands available?

Rick

Generally Finlandia or Absolut. Nothing fancy. :)

I agree with Katie53. I believe the lounge is a courtesy and that you should drink what is offered---if they please everyone they would have a full service bar. If too many people complain we will not have a lounge---which we love!!!

Tootsie

I agree with Katie53. I believe the lounge is a courtesy and that you should drink what is offered---if they please everyone they would have a full service bar. If too many people complain we will not have a lounge---which we love!!!

Tootsie

Thanks for sharing. We look forward to our first lounge on the Jewel of the Seas.

Rick

Ok, I know some people that have posted on this thread won't agree with me but I am going to put in my two cents! First of all it is a courtesy to Royal Caribbean that my DW and I are faithful cruisers, and have spent a lot of money with them over the years. The Concierge Lounge is a perk that we have earned with the 16 cruises that we have completed so far, and they were not three and four day cruises. I don't see RCCL handing us a tip every time we step onboard, every discount or perk that we have receive, we have earned by spending a lot of money with RCCL. I always tip the crew members that give us good service, not in the beginning, at the end, like us they must earn it. Just like RCCL gives the perks for being a repeat cruisers. I do not see what is wrong with asking for a particular alcohol or whatever that the Concierge may not have in stock! Why should you have to tip the Concierge to get special service? That is what the Concierge Lounge perk is for, "Special Service" and we will tip them if we receive special service. After all it is our cruise and our earned perks!

I do have a problem with people who gain access to the Concierge lounge whether they are Diamond members or a guest booking a suite and bring all their friends in who have not earned the perk. Or people who ask for bathrobes and are not Platinum or Diamond, again it is a perk that is earned by being a repeat cruiser.

Ok, Let's Hear It!

ribarfly - right on. I agree that these perks are a special thank you from RCI for being loyal customers. It irritates me that people who do not earn these perks feel it is their right to partake if they can find a way to do so. (And then brag about it.) However, I also feel that one should be happy with what is offered and not make special requests. If you positively need a certain brand, go to a bar or get that $50 bill out (class act). My wants are little....I bring my own fancy martini glass and special olives and for my Bloody Mary's, hot sauce and celery seed. I am a happy camper.

All that aside, can anyone tell me when Mpho will return as concierge? He is one of the best. We will be on a b2b Jewel transatlantic and Baltic cruise, April 30.

Margie & Dick

Archived