Need help with classic drink package

Cruisin 4 Ever

Soft drinks are included.  Most of the coffees in Cafe Al Bacio are included but not all.  Some are over the capped drink price.  Usually it's only a dollar or two more and you just pay the difference.

Edited by Grandmaanne7
further explanation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

Are soft drinks and the coffee bar fancy coffees included in the classic beverage package?

From the Celebrity FAQ:

"The Classic Drink Package includes an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $9 per serving. Non-premium bottled water, soda, and specialty coffees & teas are included in the Classic Drink Package. This package also included a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle. "

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

From the Celebrity FAQ:

"The Classic Drink Package includes an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $9 per serving. Non-premium bottled water, soda, and specialty coffees & teas are included in the Classic Drink Package. This package also included a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle. "

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/beverage-packages

Thanks! That's so weird though because when I check it says

Choose from an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs, frozen drinks and wines by the glass up to $9 per serving. This package also included a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle.

Then when it describes the premium package it says specialty coffees in that package

Premium coffees are listed on their flyer at the bottom. They are on both Classic and Premium.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/beverage-package-flyer-optimized.pdf

I have a question my brain can't figure out. It says Red Bull is not included in the Classic package. In the app, it's listed at Cafe Al Bacaio for $5.50. If you normally pay the difference over $9 with the Classic package.... I'm guessing since a Red Bull isn't even $9 you have to pay for the entire thing?

45 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

Thanks! That's so weird though because when I check it says

Choose from an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs, frozen drinks and wines by the glass up to $9 per serving. This package also included a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle.

Then when it describes the premium package it says specialty coffees in that package

I know...I found the same thing. You click on Drinks Packages...then you click on Classic Drinks Package...and you only get half the story!  Nice (not). I just happened to run across the complete contents in the FAQ some time after that. Bookmarked it & printed it out to bring with me...

15 minutes ago, Peasy24 said:

Premium coffees are listed on their flyer at the bottom. They are on both Classic and Premium.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/beverage-package-flyer-optimized.pdf

I have a question my brain can't figure out. It says Red Bull is not included in the Classic package. In the app, it's listed at Cafe Al Bacaio for $5.50. If you normally pay the difference over $9 with the Classic package.... I'm guessing since a Red Bull isn't even $9 you have to pay for the entire thing?

Same with smoothies, San Pellegrino and Vitamin Water. They don’t cost $9, but are only on premium.

30 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Paid $5.00 for Vitamin Water on the classic package. 

Ok, that's what I figured. I only need Red Bulls on "one of those mornings", so i will try to be better about hydrating with water each night. Thank you so much! 🙂

5 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

I believe the only coffee that is excluded are those with alcohol added.

Is this new?  I remember getting coffees (Cafe Diablo) with alcohol on the Classic package on my last cruise although my favourite Aspen Coffee was a $2 upcharge even though it was included on the cruise prior to that.

Does anyone know what the up-charge with the Classic package would be for a cocktail that has Bailey's or Amaretto in it?  My go-to drinks are mudslide, BBC and toasted coconut, which contain top shelf liquors according to Celebrity.

I am assuming that they would make these, but I have not seen them on any Apex menus. Also, how does one find out what the price would be for a non-menu drink? Do bartenders have some sort of pricing formula for that? (Sorry,  I have no land-bar experience)

We are pretty much cruise-only drinkers, and don't even drink beer/wine, so there is no way we could drink enough to change to the premium package.

3 hours ago, cruisy said:

Does anyone know what the up-charge with the Classic package would be for a cocktail that has Bailey's or Amaretto in it?  My go-to drinks are mudslide, BBC and toasted coconut, which contain top shelf liquors according to Celebrity.

I am assuming that they would make these, but I have not seen them on any Apex menus. Also, how does one find out what the price would be for a non-menu drink? Do bartenders have some sort of pricing formula for that? (Sorry,  I have no land-bar experience)

We are pretty much cruise-only drinkers, and don't even drink beer/wine, so there is no way we could drink enough to change to the premium package.

I’m pretty sure it’s $1 plus the 20% gratuity. Could even be $2, but not more than that

13 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

Mudslide was available on the classic package, but not sure which alcohol was in

Is it definitely on the classic package? Because I believe it contains Baileys which is in the premium package. Is there an alternative to Baileys on the classic package?

I definitely ordered it on the classic package.  But there are other Irish cream and Bailey-like liquors.  Not sure which Celebrity uses or if they would use Baileys also in Classic cocktails.  i have noticed it also depends on bartender what they give you or if you have to pay a small surcharge for certain drinks.   They also rarely have a menu with all drinks and prices (beside the specials in that particular bar or restaurant).  I did not pay attention and am not enough of a connaisseur to taste difference in mixed drink.

Edited by Michidoeme

On 8/24/2022 at 4:19 PM, Peasy24 said:

Ok, that's what I figured. I only need Red Bulls on "one of those mornings", so i will try to be better about hydrating with water each night. Thank you so much! 🙂

Get yourself some packets of Liquid IV…..I read tips about using it and it REALLY REALLY helps when you’ve had a lot to drink……curbs the next day hangover by at least 80% for me and I’m a heavy partier 🍹🍹🍹😜

You pour one package in a bottle of water after you’re done drinking for the night and one the next morning if you want 

You can get it online or at any CVS……You’ll Thank me later 😜

• Like 2

If you look at Celebrity's list of classic liquors and cognacs,  they aren't very "occasional drinker" friendly: Campari (bitter), Galliano ("herbal", I actually read that you can substitute Ouzo or Sambuca for it), Hennessy (cognac), Kahlua (coffee, the most drinkable item here for a light drinker), Kirsch (cherry brandy), Licor 43 (described as vanilla, cinnamon - I have high hopes for this), Ouzo (anise), Romana Sambuca ( sweet anise), Southern Comfort ( peach whiskey), and Tia Maria ( coffee with vanilla)

So, in summary, two coffee liquors, three anise, a vanilla cinnamon liquor, whiskey, brandy, cognac and bitters.

I know there are also a variety of rums, vodkas,  tequilas, etc.

BUT, when you don't drink very often, these aren't the greatest options. A lot of the ingredients for the things an occasional drinker would order are premium.

1 minute ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

I'm so confused now. Can someone who has cruise with Celebrity recently tell me if the teas and coffees from the coffee bar, coffees like Machiatos are included in the Classic package?

Almost all the coffees are totally covered by the Classic Package.  There are a few of the coffees with alcohol that are a dollar or two over the $9.00 CBP limit; for those you would pay the difference plus 20% on the difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

I'm so confused now. Can someone who has cruise with Celebrity recently tell me if the teas and coffees from the coffee bar, coffees like Machiatos are included in the Classic package?

I answered you in post#3...with a link. And then others answered you with their source. Nothing to be confused about.

Pay no mind to the others discussing red bull, Baileys, etc. You asked about teas and coffees...they are included in the Classic package.

From above...

' and specialty coffees & teas are included in the Classic Drink Package'

• Like 2