Logistics of switching ships in Port Everglades?

AryMay

Just playing around on the HAL website and wondering if one plans two cruises back to back but on separate ships, how difficult is it to get from one ship to the other at Port Everglades? Is this situation referred to as a "side to side" rather than B2B? 

We have sailed out of Port Everglades many times, but I have never paid attention to where ships are located in reference to each other. Are HAL ships usually docked close enough to each other that someone (plus luggage) could walk between the ships? I can't image that a taxi or Uber would be willing to transport you such a short distance.

• Thanks 1

We did this a few years ago.  Got off a Princess ship, got into a taxi, and had the driver take us to a HAL ship.  We made sure to give the taxi driver a good tip.  Also, we had opted for the latest disembarkation from Princess so that we would have less time to wait before we could embark on HAL.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AryMay said:

Just playing around on the HAL website and wondering if one plans two cruises back to back but on separate ships, how difficult is it to get from one ship to the other at Port Everglades? Is this situation referred to as a "side to side" rather than B2B? 

We have sailed out of Port Everglades many times, but I have never paid attention to where ships are located in reference to each other. Are HAL ships usually docked close enough to each other that someone (plus luggage) could walk between the ships? I can't image that a taxi or Uber would be willing to transport you such a short distance.

You would walk right across the street from one ship to the other, both piers where HAL ships usually dock are very very close to the mid-point parking garage. Is this written in stone, no, if there are 7 or 8 ships in port then all bets are off. Either way you will have plenty of time to transfer from one ship to the other.

Edited by MISTER 67

Usually, one ship is docked at Pier 26 with another one at either Pier 21 or Pier 19.  It's not a difficult transfer from one vessel to another.  I have done it.  Having the Porter take my luggage and me to my car in the Mid-Port Garage, I can there make some packing changes if I need to do so and then proceed to the next ship.  Sometimes, a ship is docked at Pier 29 or Pier 4.  That complicates things a bit, but, the transfer is not difficult.  Port Everglades is supposed to supply transfer from the "odd docking pier at least to the Mid-Port Garage.