princess cruise

richardAnn

we are booked on the ruby princess april 9 2023.it will be our first cruise on princess and our last cruise was in 2015 all have been on carnival.i am reading a lot of bad reviews ,i realize we need to make our on decision once we get there. but does anyone have any good things to say about the ruby princess i truly dont think it can be as bad as everyone makes it.this is going to be mine and my lovely wifes 15 wedding anniversary ,we both were divorced for 17 years before we met and she is the joy of my life and i thank god for her every day so i want this cruise to be special for her.so please someone tell me something good 

• 2 months later...

My sister in law has her own travel agency and says the Ruby is one of her favorite ships. She has a friend who is a cruise ship captain and he has said if there is a ship he would want to retire on, it would be the Ruby.

I'll be on board March 5th out of Galveston.

Happy sailing!

• 3 months later...

The only rub I have with Princess is that the standard balcony cabins only have a place to sit for one person.  The chair by the desk is the only seat in the room.  When we ordered a room service breakfast I had to drag a chair in from the balcony.

• Like 1

She Who Must Be Obeyed and I have sailed on Cunard, HAL, RCI, NCL, Celebrity, Viking and Princess.

Princess is our favorite and first choice, unless it's just a crossing to get to or from Europe and then we choose Cunard. More often than not, we make our choice among thosel ines based on the itinerary, with an eye on the total cost and features - such as a full promenade.  So far, things have all been good, except for our one voyage with NCL on the Epic Mistake.  Worst designed ship and cabins we have ever encountered.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 6:04 AM, SargassoPirate said:

So far, things have all been good, except for our one voyage with NCL on the Epic Mistake.  Worst designed ship and cabins we have ever encountered.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have been on the Epic twice and it is one of my favorite ships and the cabins are no issue.

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, zdcatc12 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have been on the Epic twice and it is one of my favorite ships and the cabins are no issue.

Our Epic cruise was a disaster because of fellow passengers, not the ship.  But the cabin design is odd and off-putting.  I’m just a fan of 90° angles I guess.

On 3/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, zdcatc12 said:

How did you like the cabin, Randy?  Toilet with a frosted glass enclosure on the right as you entered the cabin, shower on the left, face bowl on the counter in the room, and the convex couch.

The Epic Mistake a one-off design, never to be repeated by NCL. Here's a quote from Cruise Critic staff's review of the Epic:

The revolutionary bathrooms -- which split the toilet and shower into two separate units, and put the stand-alone wash basin in the main cabin space -- aren't particularly popular (and the line never repeated the design on any other ships). With doors that are translucent, it's a bit awkward if you're traveling with anyone who is not your partner, though couples and traveling companions of a nervous disposition can pull across a drape that effectively shuts off the bathroom area from the rest of the cabin.

Edited by SargassoPirate

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

How did you like the cabin, Randy?  Toilet with a frosted glass enclosure on the right as you entered the cabin, shower on the left, face bowl on the counter in the room, and the convex couch.

The Epic Mistake a one-off design, never to be repeated by NCL. Here's a quote from Cruise Critic staff's review of the Epic:

The revolutionary bathrooms -- which split the toilet and shower into two separate units, and put the stand-alone wash basin in the main cabin space -- aren't particularly popular (and the line never repeated the design on any other ships). With doors that are translucent, it's a bit awkward if you're traveling with anyone who is not your partner, though couples and traveling companions of a nervous disposition can pull across a drape that effectively shuts off the bathroom area from the rest of the cabin.

I had no issues with the layout and it is actually one of my favorite cabin layouts.

• Thanks 1