Quantum of the Seas Alaksa 8/29 - 9/5; 9/5-9/12 Live Review

It is official.  

image.png.93c688f34558f4b7a9835dc34e85a006.png

We also checked in for tomorrow's flight to Seattle.  

My plan is to provide a lot of pictures, similar to what I did for our December 2021 and March/April 2022 Celebrity cruises, as I can and share our experiences with those of you who are along with us on these cruises, are cruising on Quantum at a later day, or are simply looking at possibly booking a cruise later. 

We will be sailing in a Grand Suite so the meals will be almost predominately in Coastal Kitchen, which I have seen few reviews of for this Alaska season. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Have a great time.  I'll be following along with you on your journey.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you.  We are really looking forward to this vacation.  It was originally scheduled for August / September 2020 but COVID, then we re-scheduled for 2021 and Alaska sailings did not happen so after a two year delay and a very hot summer, we are looking forward to cooler weather and some beautiful scenery and wild life. 

Cant wait to hear about your cruise.  We will be in a grand loft suite in October.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about coastal kitchen.  

If you happen to learn anything about the engine situation, can you let us know about that as well.  

Edited by screwsmcernst

1 hour ago, screwsmcernst said:

Cant wait to hear about your cruise.  We will be in a grand loft suite in October.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about coastal kitchen.  

We did a Grand Loft suite on Allure and my wife was not a fan of having to go up and down the stairs all the time.  She's told me never to book at two story room again. 

If you happen to learn anything about the engine situation, can you let us know about that as well.  

i will see what I can find out and let you know. 

• Like 1

Things are off to a good start. 

Our daughter picked us up and picked us up as scheduled.  She brought us to our hotel for the night

and we had a nice dinner before she left to go home.  I am a big fan of the Marriott Burger -- my wife had the same. 

image.thumb.jpeg.95f3e8fb6f23028a9125c95b3bdad867.jpeg

We have two suitcases, one weighs 40 lbs and the other 60 lbs.  Already informed United that I have one bag over 50 lbs so do not expect any issues at the airport. 

As is the case when we have early morning flights, we are staying at a Marriott property close to the airport tonight and will take the hotel shuttle bus over to the airport at 0600 tomorrow. 

• Like 2

We are staying at the Renaissance Seattle, 515 Madison Street.  It's about 4 miles from the cruise port.  We are thinking of having dinner at the "Fisherman" Sunday night.  Have dinned there before and enjoyed it.  It will all depend on what the DW wants to do after we get settled in the hotel. 

As a result of all the travel I did when I was working, I am Lifetime Elite with Marriott and enjoy their perks, when available. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I’ll check out fisherman… we are flying in on Saturday so have a couple of days to check things out

Here's the link to their Web site. 

https://www.fishermansrestaurantseattle.com/

I have heard that "The Crab Pot" which is in the same area is also good but we have not been there yet.  It's our backup plan if we can't get a reservation at Fisherman's. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, screwsmcernst said:

Can you let us know what the show times are?  Or post the daily activity sheets.  Trying to figure out dinner reservations and show times.   Thanks

Show times in the Royal Theater have been 8:00 pm and 10 PM.

From what I understand TWO70 and the Music Hall performance times vary day to day. 

Went to the app.  It won't show me anything.

When I go to the app, select Daily Planner, and scroll through the days and times, I can see all of the offerings including the main production but I am not seeing anything for TWO70. 

We have an uneventful flight from Washington Dulles to SeaTac, arriving almost 30 minutes early. 

Retrieved our checked bags and walked across the skybridge and down to the 3rd floor to the Uber/Lyft pickup area and ordered a Lyft to take us to the hotel.  It was a 7-minute wait for our Lyft ride to arrive and we were quickly on our way to our hotel.  

Arriving at the hotel, I had expected that our room would not be ready but much to my surprise our room was ready and within 10 minutes of arriving at the hotel, we were in our room.   I left the wife and went up to the lounge and picked up some soda, water, and snacks for the room.  

I just went into the Royal App a few minutes ago and found that I was able to complete the Health Questionnaire and finish the check in process on the app.  Not sure if there will be an additional health questionnaire tomorrow because the one for check in today only had three questions and on our last cruise there were more questions. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We have an uneventful flight from Washington Dulles to SeaTac, arriving almost 30 minutes early. 

Retrieved our checked bags and walked across the skybridge and down to the 3rd floor to the Uber/Lyft pickup area and ordered a Lyft to take us to the hotel.  It was a 7-minute wait for our Lyft ride to arrive and we were quickly on our way to our hotel.  

Arriving at the hotel, I had expected that our room would not be ready but much to my surprise our room was ready and within 10 minutes of arriving at the hotel, we were in our room.   I left the wife and went up to the lounge and picked up some soda, water, and snacks for the room.  

I just went into the Royal App a few minutes ago and found that I was able to complete the Health Questionnaire and finish the check in process on the app.  Not sure if there will be an additional health questionnaire tomorrow because the one for check in today only had three questions and on our last cruise there were more questions. 

That is the new check in procedure.  No additional questions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Some views from the Concierge Lounge, 28th floor, here at the Renaissance.  These are much better than the view from our 19th floor room. 

IMG_6838~photo.JPG

The black building was the tallest building in Seattle while I was growing up, the Seafirst Bank Building.  Nicknamed "The Box the Space Needle Came In".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

The black building was the tallest building in Seattle while I was growing up, the Seafirst Bank Building.  Nicknamed "The Box the Space Needle Came In".

Thanks.  I had not idea.  I've been to Seattle a few time but never really dug into anything beyond a couple of tourist places, e.g. Pike Place fish market and the original Starbucks location, which I understand is not really the first Starbucks the but first place where they started selling beverages vs just beans or grounds. 

• Like 1