Are we at capacity?

Scoup

39 minutes ago, BatchawanaBabe said:

We're on the Encore's October 23rd Panama Canal sailing. Do you have any idea how close to capacity it's booked?  Trying for upgrades to various Haven categories and see a few available. Also worried about too many people on a 3 week cruise.  Thanks, Lia

Rough numbers (but pretty close):

70 Inside

27 Outside

260 balcony

115 Club Balcony

21 Haven

493 Cabins available to book. Encore has approximately 1,500 cabins total. Best I can tell your sailing is approximately 66% booked. Plenty of room for everyone :). 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

70 Inside

27 Outside

260 balcony

115 Club Balcony

21 Haven

493 Cabins available to book. Encore has approximately 1,500 cabins total. Best I can tell your sailing is approximately 66% booked. Plenty of room for everyone :). 

Out of curiosity how do the numbers that you are looking at account for Sail Away bookings?  

29 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Out of curiosity how do the numbers that you are looking at account for Sail Away bookings?  

That's an interesting point. Of course all sail away bookings that have been assigned would be accounted for but some maybe hanging. However; looking at the big picture, FDR stated that NCL hoped to have occupancy near 80% in the third quarter (July, August, and September).

In typical years, occupancy drops dramatically in October and November so I'd guess those numbers well end up falling closer (likely lower) than what they experienced in April, May, June which averaged only 65% occupanc :(.

I will be floored if October (typically the lowest occupancy month of the year) averages more than 65% occupancy considering that's all NCL had in April, May, and June. NCL only managed to get to 85% in the July which is typically the one of the highest occupancy percentage months of the year and should book out at 110% occupancy (with more than 2 in a room).

There is a certainly a margin of error in my numbers, but I suspect that when it's all said and done my figures will end up eerily close. 

https://www.nclhltd.com/investors/financial-information

Edited by BermudaBound2014

On 8/29/2022 at 10:58 AM, BirdTravels said:

Pay for 2. 4 ride for port taxes and fees. 

And TIPS.  What are they now?  $16 a person.  Lets see 16x6x7=$762

And the drink package.  Do you have to make a reservation for the bathroom?  Sounds like a fun time to me.

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

70 Inside

27 Outside

260 balcony

115 Club Balcony

21 Haven

Thank you for all the info you provide on your posts.  Where do you find this information?  I would love to check on different cruises.  

On 8/30/2022 at 8:27 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'm not sure of your date, but I just ran October 12, 2022 numbers. There are approximately 1,400 cabins on the joy. Only 519 are booked.

-87 Inside

-15 ocean view

-334 balcony

-50 club balcony

-33 haven

The October 12th sailing of the NCL Joy is currently 37% booked.

how do you check these numbers? I am on Nov 1  Escape in balcony and hoping for upgrade. I was curious what still shows available. Thank you

16 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Did you use that website that our new best buddy shared with us a day or two ago?

as far as I can tell, you'd need to look at each category and sub category individually and tally them up on that web site.  Seems very tedious - unless I missed an easier way?

Using the above-referenced website to look at the 10/2 Canada/New England sailing of the Breakaway, I found the following unsold:

111 Inside

6 Oceanview

170 Balcony

51 Club Balcony

0 Haven

Using Wikipedia's claim of 1461 cabins that puts it at 76.9% full.  Of course that doesn't factor in anything about Sail Away reservations.