Ports visited since Covid?

I am keen to keep an eye on which ports in Aussie waters have actually been visited by a cruiseship since (say) the start of this year. I know that many here are hoping that certain ports will soon re-open - but I am not booking any cruise which is supposedly going to any port which has not already been visited.  So - as far as I know, there have been no foreign ports visited by Aussie based ships? - or even those which simply visit for a season. Maybe as ports do become visited, this thread can be updated? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I am keen to keep an eye on which ports in Aussie waters have actually been visited by a cruiseship since (say) the start of this year. I know that many here are hoping that certain ports will soon re-open - but I am not booking any cruise which is supposedly going to any port which has not already been visited.  So - as far as I know, there have been no foreign ports visited by Aussie based ships? - or even those which simply visit for a season. Maybe as ports do become visited, this thread can be updated? 

Good idea, I’ll be following with interest, as we are booked round Australia in October and waiting to heard announcement on October 1, whether WA will allow large cruise ships in (currently only allowing up to 350 passengers size). 

I know All Queensland ports are open as is NSW. We live Melbourne but our cruising season doesn’t start til October anyway.

There is something on FB today saying :

The McGowan Government is ready to welcome the return of large cruise vessels to Western Australia, following confirmation the Coral Princess will visit Fremantle as part of an Australian circumnavigation in October.
The luxury liner will be the first large cruise vessel to visit WA in two and a half years.

Don't know how official this but glad to see it and I guess so is their tourist industry.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rassa said:

There is something on FB today saying :

The McGowan Government is ready to welcome the return of large cruise vessels to Western Australia, following confirmation the Coral Princess will visit Fremantle as part of an Australian circumnavigation in October.
The luxury liner will be the first large cruise vessel to visit WA in two and a half years.

Don't know how official this but glad to see it and I guess so is their tourist industry.

That would be great! I’ll try and find info. We due to visit Darwin, plus 5 WA ports, not been to any of those, so would be a deal breaker for us, presuming if they missed particularly WA we wouldn’t want to go, and presuming princess would offer options.

• Like 1

NSW/VIC/QLD all combined with a set of protocols for when the cruise ship ban was lifted on 18th April. All ports open, but extra testing has been required for departing passengers if amber status is triggered.

WA announced their ports open to large cruise ships from October 1st, which until then is out of season anyway. This is not anything new, as it was announced at a press conference on 3rd April. Coral Princess was and remains the first scheduled arrival on 28th October.

Darwin is open, and I am seeing articles dated back to June. Once again, it hasn't been on any schedules, and the only reason why there have been no cruise ships yet. Coral Princess is the first scheduled arrival on 20th October https://health.nt.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruise-ships-and-other-sea-arrivals

South Australia is open. I don't have a specific date, but they have aligned with the East Coast protocols. Also out of season, Coral Princess adds to the list of firsts and visits there in a few weeks.

Tassie is open too https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/travellers-and-visitors/cruise-ships

So, all ports are currently open except Western Australia which opens on 1st October. On 28th October, all states will have received a cruise ship visit.

PS - Hobart's first scheduled arrival is Pacific Explorer, 25th October

Edited by arxcards
PS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

NSW/VIC/QLD all combined with a set of protocols for when the cruise ship ban was lifted on 18th April. All ports open, but extra testing has been required for departing passengers if amber status is triggered.

WA announced their ports open to large cruise ships from October 1st, which until then is out of season anyway. This is not anything new, as it was announced at a press conference on 3rd April. Coral Princess was and remains the first scheduled arrival on 28th October.

Darwin is open, and I am seeing articles dated back to June. Once again, it hasn't been on any schedules, and the only reason why there have been no cruise ships yet. Coral Princess is the first scheduled arrival on 20th October https://health.nt.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruise-ships-and-other-sea-arrivals

South Australia is open. I don't have a specific date, but they have aligned with the East Coast protocols. Also out of season, Coral Princess adds to the list of firsts and visits there in a few weeks.

Tassie is open too https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/travellers-and-visitors/cruise-ships

So, all ports are currently open except Western Australia which opens on 1st October. On 28th October, all states will have received a cruise ship visit.

We were on the first four coral voyages out of Brisbane in June. Happy to be the guests in all the other ports 🥳🥳🥳

One that I wasn't aware of, but just spotted on Princess' protocols.

*With the exception of sailings to or from Western Australia, vaccination requirements do not apply to children aged 11 years and under. For sailings to or from Western Australia, vaccination requirements do not apply to children aged 4 years and under.

I presumed all Australian states would have the same rules, but WA has walked their own path. Given kids in that age group are 50/50 on vaccinations, I would expect many less on the around Oz cruises.

Of the other points, for shore excursions, when a single case is aboard testing is required before disembarking. This could be partly why there are no secondary WA ports included in the itineraries. Everything else reads familiar to the eastern states.

https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/~/media/Corp/Documents/Health-for/Infectious-disease/COVID19/COVID19-Guidelines-for-cruising-in-WA.pdf

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

One that I wasn't aware of, but just spotted on Princess' protocols.

*With the exception of sailings to or from Western Australia, vaccination requirements do not apply to children aged 11 years and under. For sailings to or from Western Australia, vaccination requirements do not apply to children aged 4 years and under.

I presumed all Australian states would have the same rules, but WA has walked their own path. Given kids in that age group are 50/50 on vaccinations, I would expect many less on the around Oz cruises.

Of the other points, for shore excursions, when a single case is aboard testing is required before disembarking. This could be partly why there are no secondary WA ports included in the itineraries. Everything else reads familiar to the eastern states.

https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/~/media/Corp/Documents/Health-for/Infectious-disease/COVID19/COVID19-Guidelines-for-cruising-in-WA.pdf

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I guess WA will catch up with the rest of Australia eventually. Hopefully before my Round Australia cruise in October 2023.

I’ll let you know after our round aus this October 🥰🥰🥰 feeling confident this one will go ahead as it’s first larger ship there for past 2 years. They have nothing to base it not going🥳

28 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I’ll let you know after our round aus this October 🥰🥰🥰 feeling confident this one will go ahead as it’s first larger ship there for past 2 years. They have nothing to base it not going🥳

If it was going to be cancelled they would have done it by now unless, of course, the WA government throws a hissy fit at the last minute. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If it was going to be cancelled they would have done it by now unless, of course, the WA government throws a hissy fit at the last minute. 

It won't be cancelled, and unlikely to be modified. Likely a RAT before going ashore in Fremantle though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

As a West Aussie, I would not put anything past our Emperor McGowan, he does not seem to care what impact his rash decisions have on people, and definitely not surprised he has a completely different set of rules compared to the rest of the country. 

Fortunately there are no state or federal elections next year so you should be okay 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

It won't be cancelled, and unlikely to be modified. Likely a RAT before going ashore in Fremantle though.

It has just been modified. They aren't calling at Geraldton. They are going straight down to Busselton for that day then backtracking to the already scheduled Fremantle stop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It has just been modified. They aren't calling at Geraldton. They are going straight down to Busselton for that day then backtracking to the already scheduled Fremantle stop.

I didn't realise they had a 2nd WA port, but that makes some sense - first WA stop in Freo, where they can face the most scrutiny from health officials.

With the slightly tighter protocols, I did think they wouldn't risk other WA ports, and Busselton will become another sea day if WA health doesn't like the covid numbers in Fremantle.

Wine drinkers should like the alternate stop.

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sorry, misread the sequence. Busselton is still close enough to face scrutiny from the health department, but still at risk of becoming an extra sea day or an extra day in Fremantle.

Edited by arxcards
Autocorrect faux-pas
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

What??? Where is that news????

50 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Where is the news? press etc??? we have 5 WA stops??? 

28 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Sorry, misread the sequence. Busselton is still close enough to face scrutiny from the health department, but still at risk of becoming an extra sea day or an extra day in Fremantle.

is this a Princess press release???

35 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Can you tell me where the info update is? I have been searching the Princess website.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Don't know. I just responded to Julie. I haven't seen anything, nor been looking. 

Maybe 2023? 

Ok thanks. I;; wait and see what Julie says/ I cant imagine it being 23 cruise (that she is on) as who knows what will be happening by then. Currently topic was discussing which ports are open???

• Like 1

All I have is a modification to our Majestic Cruise (around Australia) which we are on Sydney to Perth next March 2023.   Not now stopping in Geraldton, no reason given but would anyone know why?    Stops in Busselton south of Perth and then next stop, head back north to Perth and arrive 1 hour later than previously scheduled.   Of course stopping in Fremantle.

Edited by Rassa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

I didn't realise they had a 2nd WA port, but that makes some sense - first WA stop in Freo, where they can face the most scrutiny from health officials.

With the slightly tighter protocols, I did think they wouldn't risk other WA ports, and Busselton will become another sea day if WA health doesn't like the covid numbers in Fremantle.

Wine drinkers should like the alternate stop.

No, they go to Busselton first then back to Freo. Busselton is replacing Geraldton. Freo is a reprovisioning port so harder to change apparently.