O'Sheehans togo?

dbrown84

57 minutes ago, Cruise-mom said:

We were on the Epic a few weeks ago and my daughter wanted to take some wings to the room after a late night and she was told she had to eat them in the restaurant, no take-out allowed.

This is ridiculous, why could you not take some wings to the cabin? What if i wanted to enjoy some wings and watch a movie in the cabin on a sea day? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

Is this new? I have always asked Cagney’s to wrap my chocolate cake and they deliver it to my cabin. This was pre-shutdown. I’ll be so disappointed if they won’t do it anymore!

I have no idea. This was our first NCL cruise. We were able to take leftovers from La Cuchina back to the room, so I think it's an O'Sheehans specific thing.

52 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Apparently you missed post 151 on page 7. This has nothing to do with taking food off the ship and everything to do with taking it back to their room (or wherever). See below for quote:

"We ate half our food one-night around 11PM. wanted to take rest and eat in cabin while we watched movie. We walked out with our plates and out of the Local area, and they started yelling at us, that we couldn't take it out of the restaurant. Was embarrassing. You can take plates of food out of buffet, no one says a word.

No, I didn't miss post 151.  

You quoted post 145 and stated:

On 8/29/2022 at 10:50 AM, schmoopie17 said:

The poster is reporting that no food is allowed to be taken out of the Local

It is that sentence that I disagreed with.  Reading BennyBrun's Posts 145 and 153 it is very clear s/he is discussing ordering food to go to take off the ship on an excursion.   What BennyBrun was reporting had EVERYTHING to do with taking food off the ship (stated in Post 145).    Yes, there were subsequent stories from other people about past cruises relating their stories of taking food from the Local, but those stories are not what the live poster was reporting. Post 151 was written by someone else, not BennyBrun (the live poster and author of post 145), and is an example of these other stories, not an example of what is being reported by the BennyBrun, the live poster. 

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Apparently you missed post 151 on page 7. This has nothing to do with taking food off the ship and everything to do with taking it back to their room (or wherever). See below for quote:

"We ate half our food one-night around 11PM. wanted to take rest and eat in cabin while we watched movie. We walked out with our plates and out of the Local area, and they started yelling at us, that we couldn't take it out of the restaurant. Was embarrassing. You can take plates of food out of buffet, no one says a word.

yes, they absolutely passed a rule a few years ago (and it looks like they are still enforcing it) that banned taking food from the Local/O'Sheehans , even if it was just to your room.  Don't know why, but it seems like it only applied to there, as I've never had a problem taking food from the buffet.  I never tried taking anything from the main dining rooms.   Ever since they passed the rule, I would just grab my basket of food and just walk away (quickly).

On 8/29/2022 at 12:13 PM, julig22 said:

LOL NCL doesn't provide box lunches to take on excursions, regardless of where you go to get your food.  In fact, nearly every port-day Freestyle daily has a section saying that no food is allowed on or off the ship.  Just imagine the chaos if they did!

I've never requested "take-out" from the Local because I was under the impression that you couldn't - but I usually get a cheeseburger that comes in a basket, not on a plate.  And tends to get messy.  But after my last 2 burgers (2 different ships) I probably won't be ordering a burger from them again - they were AWFUL!  I don't know what they were using but it wasn't normal hamburger.  Too bad because they used to have really good burgers.

It was probably hamburder meat.

On 8/30/2022 at 5:27 PM, scooter6139 said:

I wonder if you are staying in the Haven if you can have your Butler pick it up for you?

Yes, yes you can.

Our last trip was on the Star and there's no Haven there, but we were in the GV and had a butler. Many a night we were stuffed after dinner (from all the snacks in the room waiting for us when we got back on ship) and they gladly wrapped it up for the butler to bring up to the room for us. Including half my pizza from La Cucina... even came in a pizza box and everything.

It's one of the perks though of being in a Haven room, you can order from anywhere and they will bring it to you.

Why not just order room service?  I mean, whenever I went to O'Sheehans/The Local it was underwhelming.  Unless there was something you REALLY wanted that wasn't on the room service menu, I'd spring for the $10 (I usually have OBC for stuff like that anyway.)

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 3:21 PM, dbrown84 said:

yes, they absolutely passed a rule a few years ago (and it looks like they are still enforcing it) that banned taking food from the Local/O'Sheehans , even if it was just to your room.  Don't know why, but it seems like it only applied to there, as I've never had a problem taking food from the buffet.  I never tried taking anything from the main dining rooms.   Ever since they passed the rule, I would just grab my basket of food and just walk away (quickly).

If I recall correctly it coincided with them beginning to charge for room service - and caused quite the controversy.  

11 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Yes, yes you can.

Our last trip was on the Star and there's no Haven there, but we were in the GV and had a butler. Many a night we were stuffed after dinner (from all the snacks in the room waiting for us when we got back on ship) and they gladly wrapped it up for the butler to bring up to the room for us. Including half my pizza from La Cucina... even came in a pizza box and everything.

It's one of the perks though of being in a Haven room, you can order from anywhere and they will bring it to you.

La Cucina would as it's only O'Sheehans that does not allow take away, have you had your butler deliver food from O'Sheehans?

5 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

I’m currently on the Encore and have brought food back to my room from different restaurants every day of the trip with no problems.

Even O'Sheehans/the Local?  Seems like this rule only applies there