Solstice laundry options

mandygar2003

On the Solstice later this week. Will Celebrity offer a “fill a bag” special sometime during the cruise? If so, does anyone know about how much it will cost? I’m just trying to not pack so much stuff. I’ve seen the price list for their laundry services but not if they run a special. 

Thanks for any help! 

I’d suggest you dont take all the ‘extra stuff’ and just be efficient. You’ll surprise yourself on how much you didnt need and the avail or non-avail of laundry wont play into it much.

weve really cut back and find it quite liberating, and frees us up in other ways. Many of the ‘extras’ arent laundry items anyway, such as shoes and electronics that we dont use that much at all.

den

• Like 3

I just came off a 12-day Scandinavian cruise on Silhouette.  It was the best! However,  I had counted on the "stuff-a-bag" laundry offer and it didn't happen! We had to do a lot of sink laundry and did send out some items on day 8.

Each of us have good and bad experiences with ship laundry, but we’ve used it a good deal and with no issues.

And the standard costs are about what we see with our local laundry….its just most of us dont send in socks and undies (we wash those by hand onboard) that run up the cost. So to me, having the ship do it, discounted or not, just Adds to the vacation. 

Ill confess, we are E+ so we get a bag or so Each per cruise which certainly covers whatever we want done.

Den

Edited by Denny01

8 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Each of us have good and bad experiences with ship laundry, but we’ve used it a good deal and with no issues.

And the standard costs are about what we see with our local laundry….its just most of us dont send in socks and undies (we wash those by hand onboard) that run up the cost. So to me, having the ship do it, discounted or not, just Adds to the vacation. 

Ill confess, we are E+ so we get a bag or so Each per cruise which certainly covers whatever we want done.

Den

1 bag each for Elite and 2 bags each for Elite+ .We always use it and for the most part have had no issues. On our last cruise 1 pair of underpants were destroyed (returned with over 400 holes), the pants cost around 💲5 and after one of the usual crazy conversations at Guest Relations,;

GR - how much were the pants.

Me: 💲5

GR: we don't work in 5's can we say 💲10

Me: ok

GR: so you accept 💲10 in full settlement

Me: yes

GR: it will be on your account in the morning

Me: thanks

Next day they credited my account with 💲20.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

The longer the cruise the more likely to be a fill the bag special.  It is wash and fold (DH calls it wash and wad’ it is $50.  

Officially it's wash and fold.

However we always write on the form " please return the items on hangers, thank you" and that way everything comes back just like it has been ironed. Remember they don't have to do it but the "please" and "thank you" works just great.

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

The longer the cruise the more likely to be a fill the bag special.  It is wash and fold (DH calls it wash and wad’ it is $50.  

I have heard it called boil and fold because everything usually is done on hot water.

21 minutes ago, the penguins said:

1 bag each for Elite and 2 bags each for Elite+ .We always use it and for the most part have had no issues. On our last cruise 1 pair of underpants were destroyed (returned with over 400 holes), the pants cost around 💲5 and after one of the usual crazy conversations at Guest Relations,;

GR - how much were the pants.

Me: 💲5

GR: we don't work in 5's can we say 💲10

Me: ok

GR: so you accept 💲10 in full settlement

Me: yes

GR: it will be on your account in the morning

Me: thanks

Next day they credited my account with 💲20.

Did you go back to GR and lodge a complaint?!? Or did you just write them up with a poor evaluation for Not paying you the $5 and reimbursing you $20??

den

Edited by Denny01

8 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Did you go back to GR and lodge a complaint?!? Or did you just write them up with a poor evaluation for Not paying you the $5 and reimbursing you $20??

den

We were very happy and, much to her amusement, we wrapped and gave the pants as a gift to Julie the Guest Relations Director who we know from previous cruises. If you have ever seen Julie take part in Liars Club you will know she has a great sense of humour so we know she will get her own back. If you have ever cruised Royal Julie is also the "voice in the lifts".

She has a great joke about chocolate and on one cruise a passenger gave her a beautifully wrapped present of an empty box of chocolates. She responded by sending him a complimentary bottle of the best wine on the ship - needless to say the bottle was also empty.

• Haha 1

A follow-up to my earlier comments...

I mentioned that my husband and I boarded our recent Silhouette cruise with carry-on cases only due to concerns about checked bags being misplaced or delayed.  We had enough clothes with careful packing, but we would have appreciated it if Celebrity offered the "stuff the bag" laundry special.  They did not, even though it was a 12-day cruise.  

We extended our cruise with a week in Scotland and did a lot of shopping,  so I borrowed a suitcase from my family.  We checked two cases on our flights home yesterday.  NEITHER of them made it to our home airport. They were just delivered to our home. Had this been our outward flights, we would have been rushing about in Southampton trying to buy cruise clothes the morning of our cruise.