Immigration Form, again

Nasmas

Has anyone spoken to HAL about the problem with the Immigration form? It says anyone sailing after 04/14 should wait until March to fill them in, so I waited til March and I still get the message to wait until 60 days prior. Our cruise is 04/22 so I think we're past the 60 day window. Is everyone having this problem?

And it will be March for the next 4 weeks, so don't stress.

As Peaches said, you'll have copies in your Docs, more copies are available dockside - there's zero chance you won't be able to fill them in.

On-line is nice, so check back once a week, but if it never shows up - no worries, mates, you'll still have a great cruise...

They are obviously still having trouble with their computers and the new numbers.

I have asked them about three times now when will I be able to go online and the lastest email from them mentioned March.

The new numbers are coming into effect in April, so perhaps after that we will be able to once more fill in our forms online.

Jennie

You will have immigration forms in your document package, so if the site is still down fill those out and take them with you. It is nice to do it online and we always do ours that way and then print them out, but sometimes I guess we still might have to do things the old fashioned way. ;)

I'm in a hurry to get on the ship and if you can fill your Immigration form online, you get to go to the "short line" during embarkation.

Oh, I understand that and we always do ours online, too. But I thought maybe some new cruisers might not realize that they would receive blank forms in w/ their docs anyway and were worried that they would have to request forms and fill them out at the terminal if that area of the website was not working. :)

And if you really, really, REALLY have to fill them out right now, download the PDF version, print it out and fill in the blanks. Yeah, it isn't the same as filling it out online and hitting "submit", but at least it will give you something to do...:D

The application doesn't work at all. I just went to the page and entered "1A" for the booking number, 101 for the passenger number and "abc" for the last name and got the same BS message about waiting until 60 days before your cruise.

I suspect the excursion page doesn't work right, either.

Why doesn't HAL just fix their website? Everything USED to work. Maybe newer is not better :eek:. Whadaya think, HAL? :confused:

I know. They used to be adamant about having those forms filled out to save so much time. It wasnt' such a big deal. I wonder why they can't make it work. I love HAL but it seems like for the past 3 or 4 years, their customer service has taken a dive. I think they're outsourcing and half of the reps don't communicate very well when you call them or e-mail them. Very sad

Grumpy 1 ,

Your suggestion is a good one except that when I have tried it the right side of the form is cut off.

Still keping my fingers crossed they will get things working.

Sems tghat the excersions side is working as I booked our side trips with out any problem. And have review things a couple of times and the come up rigt.

Having a hard time waiting for 4-16 tho.

Bill

Traveling on the noordam 4/5/06, when i filled out form entered booking number, 001 for passenger number and i think our last name.Glad i did the form came up but daughters name was spelled wrong. call hal to clear it up but they said docs were sent and to just change it manually. seaya

I'm in a hurry to get on the ship and if you can fill your Immigration form online, you get to go to the "short line" during embarkation.

It'll be a very short line of no one can fill out the form.

No one here can fix the web site. Send email to the webmaster or call Seattle if this is causing you so much stress...

The application doesn't work at all. I just went to the page and entered "1A" for the booking number, 101 for the passenger number and "abc" for the last name and got the same BS message about waiting until 60 days before your cruise.

I suspect the excursion page doesn't work right, either.

Why doesn't HAL just fix their website? Everything USED to work. Maybe newer is not better :eek:. Whadaya think, HAL? :confused:

I booked an excursion today with no problems, our third so far, so that part was working this morning. I was also of the opinion that filling out the form online or directly from the dockets packet made no difference. The important issue is to do your paper work ahead of time, either way. I also think HAL does not send your completed form, done online, to the boarding gate.

Don

so I hear. However, if no one is able to fill out the form online, there will be no "short line" so it won't matter anyway! ;)

so I hear. However, if no one is able to fill out the form online, there will be no "short line" so it won't matter anyway! ;)

That's fine, but HAL should remove this from the website:

"As an alternative, you may print a blank Immigration Form, fill it out with your information, and bring it with you to embarkation. If the information is not input via this web-site, your check-in will not be as quick"

I'm sure that the "glitch" will be resolved long before you cruise in 239 days. :)

That's fine, but HAL should remove this from the website:

"As an alternative, you may print a blank Immigration Form, fill it out with your information, and bring it with you to embarkation. If the information is not input via this web-site, your check-in will not be as quick"

I wouldn't count on it as this has been going on for a long time now. I am not an expert but it would seem to me that is the system has problems like this they could have dropped this system and designed a new one in this time.

Just venting.

Happy cruising!

The "short line" isn't always the one of people who have done the form on-line. Twice (out of twice) boarding in NYC that was the longer line :( . In Boston you are given a number, sit until that number is called, then proceed to check-in, security, and boarding; no line at all.

Archived