Tested Covid positive at end of cruise - does Celebrity owe you anything

stromer

My and my wife self reported minor cold symptoms to medical and both tested Covid positive 6 days before the end of the cruise.  We have quarantined for 4 days and will get our 5 day test tomorrow on 8-30-22.  If we test negative all will be ok and we can leave the ship with no problems.  If we test positive, Celebrity says we can still leave the ship since they say the CDC says a 5 day quarantine with no symptoms (which we have) is still OK to travel on airlines in the US. 

Has anyone encountered this situation before and do you think Celebrity owes passengers who get Covid on their ship anything such as a covid quarantine hotel and transportation to it if they have symptoms.  Thus if we all of a sudden come down with some severe symptoms we don't feel it is right to fly home on 8-31. Should Celebrity help us with anything?  Airlines no longer require preflight Covid testing but we are not going to get on a plane with severe and obvious Covid symptoms.

Any links to protocols or regulations would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Having quarantined due to Covid until the end of a recent cruise, I think that they will owe you a prorated refund for days spent in quarantine .  Both my husband and I were still testing positive after quarantine on the ship.  I don't think that hotels are being covered anymore, especially since the CDC recommends that 5 days is sufficient and you are free to fly home.  After you are disembarked, that is pretty much the end of Celebrity’s involvement, except for the prorated refund, regardless of whether or not your symptoms worsen.  Thanks for your conscientiousness about not flying if you are very ill (probability of that is unlikely) and I hope you feel 100 percent again soon.

Edited by quicklabs
  • Like 1

So have the cruise lines shifted to a "5 days quarantine and then you're out" policy? I thought I read people posting recently who said that if you still test positive after 5 days then you have to stay in quarantine for another 5 days or until the end of the cruise (whichever comes first)?

• Like 1

Just now, WonderMan3 said:

So have the cruise lines shifted to a "5 days quarantine and then you're out" policy? I thought I read people posting recently who said that if you still test positive after 5 days then you have to stay in quarantine for another 5 days or until the end of the cruise (whichever comes first)?

I hope so!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

The 5 day requirement was sufficient for my husband at the end of our cruise.  There are different rules for quarantine prior to disembarking and for ending quarantine while still on the cruise.   I ended up doing 10 days, since we were still on the ship and I tested positive on Day 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Had I been negative on Day 5, I would have been released.  But my husband tested positive four days later than me.  His 5 days was up on disembarkation day,  so he was free to go.  Had we been doing a B2B, he would have had to spend 5 more days in quarantine and I would be released to our own cabin  with a requirement to mask  Don't look for any of this to make sense.  Lol

Edited by quicklabs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, quicklabs said:

The 5 day requirement was sufficient for my husband at the end of our cruise.  There are different rules for disembarking and for ending quarantine while still on the cruise.   I ended up doing 10 days, since we were still on the ship and I tested positive on Day 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Had I been negative on Day 5, I would have been released.  But my husband tested positive four days later than me.  His 5 days was up on disembarkation day,  so he was free to go.  Had we been doing a B2B, he would have had to spend 5 more days in quarantine.  Don't look for any of this to make sense.  Lol

It does. How long ago was this? The CDC just recently changed their 5 day quarantine policy so I wouldn't have expected a change for onboard quarantining policies until maybe the past week or two (if they have changed at all).

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

It does. How long ago was this? The CDC just recently changed their 5 day quarantine policy so I wouldn't have expected a change for onboard quarantining policies until maybe the past week or two (if they have changed at all).

This was the first week of July.

On 8/29/2022 at 2:04 PM, FlorenceItaly said:

I hope so!

I just got off a Princess cruise. Those who tested positive for COVID were quarantined. Tested again after 5 days. If still positive, they were tested daily. Negative = end quarantine, of course. If still positive after 10 days, their quarantine ended. I know there was someone who tested positive for a few days after the 5 day minimum quarantine.