Concierge Lounge vs. Diamond+

ggo85

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Agree...though you actually have the locations switched.  Unless they have changed it...the CL was the one with the 2 story floor to ceiling windows facing aft (and always seemed etched from the sea air). 

The DL is across the way up the 3 steps and above the VCL.  Loved having them so close (as in Radiance series) to go to the other one if one has a broken coffee machine in the morning.  😉 

The machine on Navigator has been broken since last cruise. SL is so much closer than DL(just up 4 decks). Have to go down to 5, then walk to DL in the front of the ship, to get wife a cup of cappuccino. I tell her to use the machine in the room. She says it does not taste as good. So being the loving husband 😇 I get her a cup after breakfast and bring it back to the room. At least I get some steps in this way.  Hopefully coffee machine gets fixed this Wed on return to San Pedro. 

5 minutes ago, frank808 said:

The machine on Navigator has been broken since last cruise. SL is so much closer than DL(just up 4 decks). Have to go down to 5, then walk to DL in the front of the ship, to get wife a cup of cappuccino. I tell her to use the machine in the room. She says it does not taste as good. So being the loving husband 😇 I get her a cup after breakfast and bring it back to the room. At least I get some steps in this way.  Hopefully coffee machine gets fixed this Wed on return to San Pedro. 

Coffee machine was broken when we boarded on Aug 29. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Coffee machine was broken when we boarded on Aug 29. 

Well the coffee machine has been broken for at least 3 cruises then. Chances of machine getting fixed in a couple days, is not looking promising.

20 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

LOL, quite possibly in which case my point is irrelevant, I guess!

It’s been a while and ranks as one of our worst sailings ever and one I try to forget!

When it wasn’t too hot we preferred the room with windows but at times it was very uncomfortable and it was nice to be able to switch. 

Indeed...we did the same.  But actually ended up liking the roomier and "less stuffy" DL over the VCL a bit better.  Especially when the sun beat in those windows!  😮  That CL is smaller than the DL. 

We adored EN when she did her 3/4 night runs while she was home ported in PC.  Sorry to hear things have gone downhill on the sweet girl.  😞 

13 hours ago, frank808 said:

Aww Frank..indeed you are such a nice hubby!  🥰

I get up in the morning before Bucky (as usual), get dressed and take our travel mugs to one of the lounges.  Fill disposable cups at the machine (his strong black coffee, my Latte) then pour into those mugs (so much easier to carry up/down stairs for transfer).   As he is waking up, his dutiful wife is setting his fresh mug of Java next to him.  😉 

15 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We always receive two letters.  One from the loyalty ambassador and one from the Suite or Diamond concierge outlining the benefits for that cruise.  I've never had any issues or confusion.  We find not only different rules/benefits from ship to  ship,  but occasionally on the same ship even if we are on a B2B.  What was in place the first  cruise, might not be in place the second.  BUT, the letters generally provide whatever info we need. 

M

We receive the LA letter, but also get one letter from DL concierge, and one from CL/SL concierge.  

13 hours ago, frank808 said:

Well the coffee machine has been broken for at least 3 cruises then. Chances of machine getting fixed in a couple days, is not looking promising.

They should be issuing coffee vouchers for specialty coffees...that is just not right with the broken machine at all.  😒

15 hours ago, island lady said:

They should be issuing coffee vouchers for specialty coffees...that is just not right with the broken machine at all.  😒

I am going to ask tomorrow for the next cruise. For us it is alright to go to DL, but what about the non D suite passengers?  Going to Cafe Promenade instead of DL is about 40 steps shorter.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, island lady said:

Aww Frank..indeed you are such a nice hubby!  🥰

I get up in the morning before Bucky (as usual), get dressed and take our travel mugs to one of the lounges.  Fill disposable cups at the machine (his strong black coffee, my Latte) then pour into those mugs (so much easier to carry up/down stairs for transfer).   As he is waking up, his dutiful wife is setting his fresh mug of Java next to him.  😉 

Happy wife happy life!

• Like 2