Dropping bags early at Seattle

Janet&Carl

Hello, tried to find a luggage storage near Seattle Pier 91 port terminal without any luck.  Can anyone tell me how early I can drop my bags off - then taxi to the nearest shopping centre for some much needed retail therapy before all those sea days .

You can begin dropping luggage at the terminal about 9:30am. It would be a bit inconvenient as the cruise terminal you’ll be departing from is 3 miles from the downtown shopping area.  Another option is to use The Purple Store near Pike Place Market and then collect your luggage and head to the terminal when you’re done shopping.

https://www.thepurplestore.com/luggage-storage-seattle.shtml

Typically,  passengers can drop off bag with porters/longshore beginning around 10 AM.  Since you are on an end of a season repositioning cruise to Australia, I am not sure if the procedure will be anything different.  It will be a very busy port day with two Carnival ships at Pier 91 - the Splendor just off it's Alaska season, and the Spirit which will swap it's W, Th, Alaska departure and take over the Splendor's Tuesday sailing for most of September.

I believe that the the two ships will have different departure times, but it is unclear as to whether both ships will encourage passengers to arrive at 91 at the 'normal' time, or at staggered times.  It is also possible that the Australia bound passengers may have to keep their luggage during the first stages of the check-in procedure to make sure that they have the required travel and Wellness documents before luggage is taken by the porters.  International repositioning cruises are somewhat rare in Seattle, so that why I wonder if the embarkation process will be different for your sailing.

What does your boarding instructions say?