text while on the ruby

richardAnn

i have a tendency to get up earlier than my lovely wife,and i like to explore the ship untill she gets up wich is usually around 830 to 9 am .we  have att as our cell providers .we have a wifi pkg with our room so can me and my wife text each other so when she gets up i can go back to the room and get her so we can start our day  not sure what to do att says i can get a text only pkg for 50 dollars per line but i am wondering is there a better option i truly hope someone can help us on this issue

8 hours ago, richardAnn said:

i have a tendency to get up earlier than my lovely wife,and i like to explore the ship untill she gets up wich is usually around 830 to 9 am .we  have att as our cell providers .we have a wifi pkg with our room so can me and my wife text each other so when she gets up i can go back to the room and get her so we can start our day  not sure what to do att says i can get a text only pkg for 50 dollars per line but i am wondering is there a better option i truly hope someone can help us on this issue

Texting does not go over wifi.  Even if you have wifi calling turned on, texting (and voice) will still incur charges.  However, email does use wifi.  You and your wife can email over the ship wifi package and not accrue any additional charges.  It's not as convenient, but is an alternative.

9 hours ago, richardAnn said:

i am wondering is there a better option i truly hope someone can help us on this issue

I found this on the Princess board, about their MedallionNet, courtesy @Steelers36:

"Both plans are more expensive on board. 

The 4-device one doesn't go up as much percent in price.

PRE-CRUISE

1-device  = $10/day

4-devices = $20/day

ON_BOARD

1-device = $15/day

4-devices = $25/day

Individual daily rate = $20/day"

Despite what Maine said above, I'm pretty sure you can message in some way over the MedallionNet, although I am only really familiar with HAL's Navigator (which is free and independent of their internet or wifi plans), which allows you to communicate with others that have installed the Navigator, although it does not *signal* when you get a message, you have to keep checking.

You can go here to ask about your needs:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/

I scanned 4 pages for MedallionNet mentions, but I didn't ask about a free non-internet app like HAL's Navigator or Carnival's HUB. Which might be all you need.

4 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I scanned 4 pages for MedallionNet mentions, but I didn't ask about a free non-internet app like HAL's Navigator or Carnival's HUB. Which might be all you need.

Also tag @richardAnn.  There is free messaging between guests using MC App on board (over ship INTRAnet).  However, it doesn't notify you if/when you have an incoming msg so you have to keep checking it.  Best if have INTERnet package (MedallionNet) and use something like WHATSAPP to contact friends.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...