Booking Excursions Pre Cruise With OBC ?

janny444

12 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Apparently so, but I couldn’t see how to do it.

Thank you ....your answer encouraged me to explore the excursions on offer and if you add the excursions that you want  to the cart then go through to payment page it gives you the option of using any amount of your  OBC for excursions chosen....great

8 hours ago, janny444 said:

Thank you ....your answer encouraged me to explore the excursions on offer and if you add the excursions that you want  to the cart then go through to payment page it gives you the option of using any amount of your  OBC for excursions chosen....great

Be careful when attempting this! I booked an excursion on the page that showed how much OBC I had. It did not ask me how I wanted to pay, so I just assumed it would take it out of the OBC. Wrong! It charged my credit card (the one I used to pay for the cruise) without asking me. I had to call up and get someone to book it again using the OBC, but only after I cancelled the first credit card one.

8 hours ago, janny444 said:

It is quite some considerable time since I last cruised with Celebrity and maybe the clue to the answer is in the title but I will ask anyway. 

Can you book excursions pre cruise with  OBC ?

Yes. Done it plenty of times with Celebrity's OBC. 

6 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Be careful when attempting this! I booked an excursion on the page that showed how much OBC I had. It did not ask me how I wanted to pay, so I just assumed it would take it out of the OBC. Wrong! It charged my credit card (the one I used to pay for the cruise) without asking me. I had to call up and get someone to book it again using the OBC, but only after I cancelled the first credit card one.

On the payment page there is an actual box for payment with OBC....you just enter the appropriate amount.... Celebrity won't have my credit card details as I booked & paid deposit through a TA

2 hours ago, janny444 said:

On the payment page there is an actual box for payment with OBC....you just enter the appropriate amount.... Celebrity won't have my credit card details as I booked & paid deposit through a TA

I also booked and paid through a TA. Celebrity DID have my credit card details.