Cancelling Cruise (end of Nov) w/ Insurance

rizkeeper

Do I have any chance of getting my money back?  Before calling I'd like to see if it's possible to get a refund if cancelling after final payment has been made, and with purchased insurance they offer. 

- I read the Insurance on the Royal site and it states 100% refund if for a non exempt reason.  90% future cruise for any other reason.  

I spoke with a supervisor, they said Royal would refund $2700 and then I would have to file a claim with the insurance to get the remaining $1000 (total paid was $3700). I rather not get into the reason for cancelling, but it is a covered reason. 

Anyone ever have an issue with the AON Travel Insurance through royal?   

3 hours ago, rizkeeper said:

Do I have any chance of getting my money back?  Before calling I'd like to see if it's possible to get a refund if cancelling after final payment has been made, and with purchased insurance they offer. 

- I read the Insurance on the Royal site and it states 100% refund if for a non exempt reason.  90% future cruise for any other reason.  

I've read it's only $100 pp to move to another date. Have you considered cruising later?

9 minutes ago, rizkeeper said:

I spoke with a supervisor, they said Royal would refund $2700 and then I would have to file a claim with the insurance to get the remaining $1000 (total paid was $3700). I rather not get into the reason for cancelling, but it is a covered reason. 

What you have been told is correct.  You follow Royals cancellation fee schedule and file a claim with the insurance company for the remainder. 

My brother missed his cruise due to weather related flight issues. Ended up being a no show.  He was refunded port fees/taxes, prepaid gratuities and CP purchases.  Insurance provided an FCC fir 90% of the cruise fare.

Edited by poocher

43 minutes ago, rizkeeper said:

That's exactly what happened when we canceled due to our adult son becoming unemployed and getting a new job.  Some reason I recall we only got part back in a FCC.  Job loss is an "any reason" cancelation so maybe that's why we got FCC.  Another time our DIL passed away suddenly just two days before we sailed.  My TA handled it all and once I provided the death certificate we got everything back in cash.