Carnival Luminosa Sept 14, 2023 Transpacific Seattle to Brisbane

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 3:53 PM, Smq123 said:

Hi Tony & Denise. We are Susie & Bobby from Long Island, NY. We would love to join your Tokyo tour. It sounds wonderful to us. If you want to contract us to discuss details I can provide my email. Thank you  for organizing a wonderful day in Tokyo. We would also be interested in joining any other activities at our other ports. 

Nice to meet you Susie and Bobby!!! We go to Long Island all the time, so close... who would have thought 🙂 Im expecting to enjoy this excursion so much. Your welcome to enjoy it with us as well. We can all six meet onboard at a predetermined time and choose what we would like to see of all the magical places they go.  

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 8:26 PM, sfjakey said:

I think we have of 3 -4 couples who are doing B2B ( TP and Great Barrier Reef) .   I would like to suggest we form a small group and look together to develop  private tours at the different ports, especially for Japan.  There could be some duplication on our parts, but with many eyes and different ideas we should come up with some good ideas/tours. ` We have a year  --  Any comments are welcome.

If you are interested add your name and email:

1. Frank and Sarah (SF) sfjakey  - cheerytrekker@yahoo.com   (Shopping is a low priority)

Note: You can add what type of tour you prefer and if there are any mobility issues,  so we can find tours that work for the whole group.  Thanks - Safe travels, Frank and Sarah

Brenda Linda, Georgette, Lakeland, Fl

galebvg@gmail.com

Rick1951 - You are the first to show any interest - Currently I an starting a road trip to Texas and back to California to babysit some grandchildren, with a flight to Milwaukee to attend a grandson graduation during that time.  I am considering using Sandra O'Leary for some tours and one with with Carnival to the Onsen in Aomori.  We are onboard from Sept. 13 to Oct. 29 (B2B-B2B -B2B.  Have done nothing regarding GBR or the next cruise.  Safe travels, Frank and Sarah

13 minutes ago, Rick1951 said:

We’ve used Tours by Locals and they’ve been great.  We are also doing B2B to B2B to B2B2 and then switching to Splendor for 3 more.  

When I starting looking,  I will get back to you.   Safe travels and Thanks, Frank and Sarah - SF, CA

We just got back from the 22 day Brisbane to Seattle cruise on the Luminosa and just booked this 30 day adventure.  We're excited to see Alaska, Japan and all the other ports.  Hopefully we can link up with table-mates Allen and Rose from the 22 day cruise we just took.

John

On 9/15/2022 at 10:44 AM, PSRCPA said:

This morning I read a post regarding cabin receptacles being changed from Italian to Australian Type I.  This baffles me as the Luminoso will also be sailing from the US to Alaska.  Perhaps they will provide both 110 outlets and Australian Type 1?  Guess we will learn more once she starts sailing.

In the mean time, we checked the electronics we will take with us (cell phones, laptop, hair crimper, hair dryer) and it seems for the most part we only require an adaptor plug while my hair dryer would need a reducer due to wattage.  

Any additional thoughts on this?  

Hair dryers are not allowed on the cruise ship. They provide one in every stateroom. Save room in your luggage for more important things like playing cards or games. It's a loooong cruise.

On 5/8/2023 at 6:50 PM, Eliot Ness said:

We just got back from the 22 day Brisbane to Seattle cruise on the Luminosa and just booked this 30 day adventure.  We're excited to see Alaska, Japan and all the other ports.  Hopefully we can link up with table-mates Allen and Rose from the 22 day cruise we just took.

John

Yes! We are with you on this one too. It will be GREAT to see you again. I need to get a picture on here to replace the W.  Remember, don't wash your hair in the shower...

On 1/4/2023 at 1:30 PM, 2ashevillesailors said:

We have been trying to book a flight with Carnival from Brisbane to Asheville,NC. We are able to book it ourselves which is Brisbane to Sydney, Then Sydney to Dallas Ft Worth then Dallas Ft Worth to Asheville, with no problem. They say that our travel agent Cruises Only has to place the flights with Carnival, not us doing it. We are not allowed to book the flights with them ourselves. Said their system will not take it, can not do a one way ticket. I have never heard such nonsense. We have cruised over 60 times and we haved booked with the cruise line air departments. We have taken many Transpacific and Transatlantic cruises and don one way flights.  Is anyone else having this problem? We want to book with Carnival, since we are getting off of the ship and flying home in Brisbane. If there are any problems then Carnival could handle it.  I don't think I want to get off of the ship 1/2 way around the world and if there are delays, etc. I would have the cruise line handling it.  Mary and Jim

Carnival gave me a price of over $2,800 from Brisbane to Tampa FL. I found the SAME flights on United for about $1,200.Brisbane to SFO to TPA. Everywhere we fly to or from a cruise, we stay a night to make sure we make our flight in the am.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:34 AM, Rick1951 said:

Hello Everyone,

We are three sisters who traveled from Seattle to Sydney last September on the Splendor.  23 days, it was awesome!!  I hope this trip will be just as much fun!

Was anyone else on this roll call on that cruise last year?

Brenda

We were there! Awesome cruise.

We are flying into Seattle on 13 Sept afternoon around 4.  Debating on whether to just stay near the airport and Uber to the pier or stay in downtown Seattle, then Uber to pier.  Where is everyone else staying, don’t want to spend a ton for a hotel just for 1 night.  

Thanks in advance for feedback. 
Senay & Jay

1 minute ago, jstrutton said:

We are flying into Seattle on 13 Sept afternoon around 4.  Debating on whether to just stay near the airport and Uber to the pier or stay in downtown Seattle, then Uber to pier.  Where is everyone else staying, don’t want to spend a ton for a hotel just for 1 night.  

Thanks in advance for feedback. 
Senay & Jay

We're staying at La Quinta, 2224 8th Street, not fancy but not far from Pikes Market Place. 

Hi, my husband and I are from Sydney and have booked this cruise. 

We sailed on the Luminosa last year to the Barrier Reef, was a fun cruise and we enjoyed it. 

We are staying in Honolulu for a few days prior to the cruise then spending two nights in Seattle. Currently trying to work out which hotel to stay at, it gets so confusing. 

Hey Ausblonde, Gaz & Jane here also from NSW doing the same trip.

Flying out of Sydney 1st of September for Honolulu staying there till 7th and flying to Seattle for a week before we leave on cruise.

Be good to catch up in Seattle before we sail.

What part of Sydney you from?

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 6:32 AM, Gaz561 said:

Flying out of Sydney 1st of September for Honolulu staying there till 7th and flying to Seattle for a week before we leave on cruise.

Gaz

On 2/12/2023 at 10:43 PM, baloothecat said:

@irie0518  The other two recommended operators we were looking at in Moorea is 1) Moorea Moana Tours “Moorea Memories Adventure Tour” 3hr tour including photos. 
when I enquired Pierrick replied that they could pickup from tender dock no problem and even suggested a start time at 0830. 2) Moorea Ocean Adventures- have private tours for 2 or more. Biologist onboard and GoPro video included. Replied they would pickup from Tender dock. You can look for others to share the tour to bring the price down.

If interested, we booked other snorkel centric activities for other ports:

Noumea- We booked  water taxi signal island turtle tour for cruisers on Viator, basically a water taxi to a protected island with no facilities for a few hours.

Suva/- We booked a snorkel tour to beqa lagoon on another part of the island thru untouched fiji. they have tours set up for our cruise on fb. They also have others if you don’t want to snorkel. 
Still working on Honolulu. Looking at possibly renting a car and doing our own circle tour or Kaneohe sandbar tour.

hope this helps

Stephanie

Gaz

Gaz