3 night cruise questions

cusematt4

Hi,

I am debating a 3 night cruise out of Florida for a family members birthday.  With us would be some seasoned cruisers and some very skeptical first time cruisers.

to alleviate their concerns, i think having them book a suite and not having any sea days should help.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like the oasis class ships do any 3 night cruises but there are some options on there Independence and Liberty.

Has anyone recently been on either of these ships for a short cruise?  With both doing the same itinerary, is one ship better than the other?

do both of these ships have the Royal amplification upgrades?  

It looks like entertainment wise one has Greece and the other Saturday night fever.

for a 3 night cruise what should we expect entertainment wise?  Does Royal usually have both the broadway show and ice show?  What about the non broadway theater show?  Are there any comedians or fly on acts on a 3 night cruise?  Should we expect the regular live music as on a longer cruise?  Is there quest on short cruises?

thanks.

Did a B2B 3 and 4-night on Indy on July and doing another 4-night next month.

I think Indy was amped in 2018 or so. We loved Playmakers for both the drinks and the food; the rest of the amped features weren't important to us.

There is Grease, an ice show, and a headliner (could be anything from comedy to juggling to singing), and plenty of live music in the different bars/venues. More than enough nightly entertainment for such a short cruise, IMO.

I can't speak to Liberty but the entertainment across Freedom class should be quite similar.

I'd be happy to answer specific Indy questions if I can.

Edited by OCSC Mike

OCSC Mike provided good information.  We just came off a 3N ( in the middle of a B2B2B) Independence.  The 3 night was a real party crowd.  I think everyone must have purchased the drink package. Not sure anyone went to bed. 

The live music around the ship was fantastic!  The guy in the pub was great, but he played so loud that you had to find a seat in the promenade. (No one was seated inside the pub - all were outside).   Two different bands played at Boleros, and both were wonderful.  Schooner bar piano player was also entertaining.   

Dining room food was very good.  Because we were B2B2B, we basically had the same menu three times.  We ordered different sections and just about everything was good.  

Have fun