Nautica Promenade

SargassoPirate

I'm a solo cruiser nowadays since She Who Must Be Obeyed doesn't like to cruise anymore.  I have 50-some cruises on various lines, including RCI, Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, and Viking.  I'm looking at a particular cruise on the Nautica with an itinerary that I want.  In studying the deck plans and ship photos, one of the first things I noticed was the abbreviated promenade.  That's usually a deal breaker for me since I book insides and enjoy using the promenade to walk and to read on the shady side. 

All of that being said, are there deck chairs on the promenade? 

There  are some deck loungers  on the  "promenade  "  they  are under the life boats  so may not be available  in tender ports

You can always check on the pool deck area  there is  some shade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LHT28 said:

There  are some deck loungers  on the  "promenade  "  they  are under the lift boats  so may not be available  in tender ports

You can always check on the pool deck area  there is  some shade

Thanks.  I usually avoid the pool decks on the more mainstream lines because they always seem to have a movie or music blasting.  

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Thanks.  I usually avoid the pool decks on the more mainstream lines because they always seem to have a movie or music blasting.  

Luckily you will not find any of that on Oceania......pool area is a wonderful place to read a book!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

There  are some nice  quiet nooks around the ship 

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone for your replies.  I'm looking forward to trying Oceania.  I see a lot of folks post here say that once they tried O they never looked back.  I am not fiercely loyal to any one line and shop more for the itineraries as I get older.  Sounds like O will suit me just fine.