NCL Bar Mix

Aqualung22

Thinking of sailing on NCL this upcoming spring, and I wanted to know if NCL still serves the bar mix post Covid? We have a family member with a nut allergy and would love for them to experience a NCL cruise, but this has prevented us from cruising NCL in the past. Any help would greatly be appreciated. 

They stopped for a while but it’s back now.    It was available in all the bars last week on the Encore.

All ships also serve peanut butter as well as nuts as garnishes on main courses and desserts.  There are pastries with nuts, soups with nuts and the salad bar has nuts.

Haven and suites can also ask for both marcona almonds and mixed nuts in their cabins.

Just like in the real world, nuts are present on cruise ships.

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Aqualung22 said:

We have a family member with a nut allergy and would love for them to experience a NCL cruise, but this has prevented us from cruising NCL in the past.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Can't they just NOT eat the nuts?  What am I missing here?

ETA:  On further review, I realize that we're being pranked here, and I fell for it.  Good job! 🤣 

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aqualung22 said:

Thinking of sailing on NCL this upcoming spring, and I wanted to know if NCL still serves the bar mix post Covid? We have a family member with a nut allergy and would love for them to experience a NCL cruise, but this has prevented us from cruising NCL in the past. Any help would greatly be appreciated. 

I really didn't look for bar mix sitting out at the bars, but I did request that bar mix be delivered to our stateroom nightly last week. 

image.png.828a7de29d121da404ce24d4972f14b5.png

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to respond to my question, albeit In a very rude and condescending way chief and yvr. (BirdTravels, thank you for the kind response) With that said, this family member has an anaphylactic allergy, so there are concerns about trace amounts of nuts being left on bars or other surfaces, and if either of you had any level of education, you would get the reason behind the question. We are not a family who feels the world should change for us, so we avoid situations that can be problematic. We will continue to avoid NCL.

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Can't they just NOT eat the nuts?  What am I missing here?

ETA:  On further review, I realize that we're being pranked here, and I fell for it.  Good job! 🤣 

What makes you think the thread is a prank?

If the peanut allergy is severe enough that trace amounts of residue will trigger an anaphylactic reaction, I would caution against most cruise ships, not just NCL.  Both adults and children will definitely be consuming peanuts, more than likely not immediately washing their hands, and then touching multiple surfaces.  Another option would be to bring disinfecting wipes and wipe down surfaces and door handles prior to contact.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NYMama said:

If the peanut allergy is severe enough that trace amounts of residue will trigger an anaphylactic reaction, I would caution against most cruise ships, not just NCL.  Both adults and children will definitely be consuming peanuts, more than likely not immediately washing their hands, and then touching multiple surfaces.  

Not to mention airplanes, bars, restaurants and sporting events. Pretty much everywhere people congregate and eat nuts.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Aqualung22 said:

A family member has a nut allergy including having a reaction if they touch a surface that had nuts on it. We have cruised both NCL and RCCL with them and never had a problem. However I do realize that some people have more severe reactions.

Edited by Peachypooh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aqualung22 said:

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to respond to my question, albeit In a very rude and condescending way chief and yvr. (BirdTravels, thank you for the kind response) With that said, this family member has an anaphylactic allergy, so there are concerns about trace amounts of nuts being left on bars or other surfaces, and if either of you had any level of education, you would get the reason behind the question. We are not a family who feels the world should change for us, so we avoid situations that can be problematic. We will continue to avoid NCL.

I wouldnt slam anyone for honestly answering your question. Dont eat the nuts was my first response also. Our daughter has an allergic reaction to nuts also but she has been on a cruise with us. This is why your server asks every meal if you have any allergies for food items. They are very good about it as we just got off the Bliss and any new restaurant we went to they asked. If you are diligent with washing yor hands and taking wipes with you I wouldnt see why you should have any problems. Every ship will have nuts on boards and around. BTW the Bliss didnt have any bar mix at the bars that we went to. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aqualung22 said:

With that said, this family member has an anaphylactic allergy, so there are concerns about trace amounts of nuts being left on bars or other surfaces, and if either of you had any level of education, you would get the reason behind the question.

I have a lot of education.  Probably more than I'll ever need! 🤣  That said, they don't teach about "anaphyactics" in a STEM curriculum, so I must have missed that.  I can state for a fact, this world is full of NUTS, so we all just have to learn to avoid them or otherwise deal with them.

12 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

nuts are present on cruise ships

True that.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Aqualung22 said:

I was not rude or condescending at all.  I gave accurate information.   
You have issues.

• Like 2