Current testing/vaccination protocols for Panama Canal cruises?

AryMay

Can anyone find the current rules for vaccinations and testing for full transit Panama Canal cruises on the HAL website? The following is part of an August 15th press release, but I can not find this information anywhere else on the website. (Bolding is mine.) If this is the case, surely it must be included somewhere else besides a press release. 

Protocols for cruises 16 nights or longer (plus full Panama Canal transit, trans-ocean and designated remote voyages, ages 5 and older):

All guests will be required to submit a medically supervised COVID-19 test with written negative result. The test must be taken within three days of embarkation.

Guests must be vaccinated or request an exemption.  

Also the pdf file "Enhanced Health Protocols" states that for enhanced voyages (which I think applies to Panama Canal cruises) a booster dose is required.

I was on the phone with a HAL representative for about 45 minutes yesterday and she could not find the rules. I am booked on the January 21 Zaandam cruise. Some friends of ours may also book the cruise depending on what the Covid requirements are. (And I do realize that all rules can change by next January.)

DH and I are booked for the Nov 17 Panama canal cruise, San Diego to Ft Lauderdale. On HALs website, tap "health protocols" at top of page. Then, under "at a glance", Tap " enhanced health protocols pdf". It will take you to a list of cruises with special requirements. The list only goes to January 3rd. find your cruise and Its enhanced protocol category (mine was 'general'). Swipe to the next page which will describe the protocol for each category. 

Screenshot_20220909-142023.png

Edited by yerdua

2 hours ago, AryMay said:

I am booked on the January 21 Zaandam cruise. Some friends of ours may also book the cruise depending on what the Covid requirements are. (And I do realize that all rules can change by next January.)

We sail 29 December, B2B through 14 January, and I pay absolutely no attention to any policy changes currently. All rules CERTAINLY will change, probably several times, before my or your sailing. I will start to research what we need to do, about a month before the cruise.

I hope that the NEW booster becomes required (not just the repeat(s) of the original formula although of course we took them too). I doubt it will because the cruiselines don't wish to discourage anyone. A few well-publicized plague-ship cruises may change that attitude! They don't seem to realize that slacking off on the requirements ALSO discourages careful people from cruising.

But, if your friends want to make the decision based on current protocols, it looks like @yerdua has outlined how to find them.

My concern is that there is nothing in writing on HAL's website that spells out the rules for Panama Canal cruises. If I hadn't read that press release I would have no idea that our cruise falls under the "Enhanced Protocols". (And the HAL representative that I talked to could not find any mention of it either.) The cruises listed in that pdf file only go out as far as January 3rd and our cruise is January 21. 

This is the FAQ (which was updated yesterday) which one could easily assume applies to the Panama Canal cruises:

U.S. Sailings (Does Not Apply to Alaska, Canada)

Vaccines:  It is highly recommended that all guests be up to date on their vaccination status. Vaccinations are not required.

Testing:No pre-cruise testing is required for vaccinated guests. Unvaccinated guests 5 years and older must provide results of a negative, medically supervised or self-test taken within three days of embarkation.

I just checked the protocols on Princess' website and rules for Panama Canal cruises are specifically spelled out. 

Edited by AryMay

49 minutes ago, AryMay said:

My concern is that there is nothing in writing on HAL's website that spells out the rules for Panama Canal cruises. If I hadn't read that press release I would have no idea that our cruise falls under the "Enhanced Protocols". (And the HAL representative that I talked to could not find any mention of it either.) The cruises listed in that pdf file only go out as far as January 3rd and our cruise is January 21. 

This is the FAQ (which was updated yesterday) which one could easily assume applies to the Panama Canal cruises:

U.S. Sailings (Does Not Apply to Alaska, Canada)

Vaccines:  It is highly recommended that all guests be up to date on their vaccination status. Vaccinations are not required.

Testing:No pre-cruise testing is required for vaccinated guests. Unvaccinated guests 5 years and older must provide results of a negative, medically supervised or self-test taken within three days of embarkation.

I just checked the protocols on Princess' website and rules for Panama Canal cruises are specifically spelled out. 

So what are Princess' rules 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I will be on B2B 1/21-2/18 San Diego FLL and back! We had another thread going so this might help you! First go with the flow. 

On 9/4/2022 at 12:25 AM,  Tradestock said: 

Hi Denise.  These are the entry/exit requirements posted on the US Embassy in Panama.  If you have a link to additionalCovid testing requirements for Panama, I would be happy to read them.

Entry and Exit Requirements

• Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes. Fully vaccinatedtravelers must bring proof of vaccination and electronic sworn affidavit .Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated travelers must present a negative Covid test. 
  • Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes, a negative PCR or antigen test is required unless the passenger can provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arriving in Panama.

https://pa.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺Good morningTradestock,

Thank you !! Is it possible that this is for entry with flying? Spoke to HAL Friday as well as with my PCC they said as of now we still need to take theCovid test since we are going through the Panama Canal.Said this can change in future!! 
Every day is something different. Will go with the flow! Have a great day.

🌺Denise 😊