has anyone had any success with an online proctoring

southernshug

We have used the Abbott BinaxNOW kits (before free tests were available). The price was $70 for 2 tests including the proctoring.

The test I tried to do at home did not work due to our very poor satellite internet service.  The video portion just wouldn't allow the proctor to view the testing. The tests I used while at a hotel worked fine and I had my results in about 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Prior to boarding the N. Statendam last month, we used On Point Testing.  We did our test in our Boston hotel and it was very easy.  Having rarely used Zoom, the only problem I had was the proctor did not see me after we connected.  Fortunately, I saw the icon that activated my computer’s camera.  Everything went quickly and I got the test results in my email right after we finished.  One thing I like about this company is they allow an appointment to include more than one person.  We used the free government test kits.

Edited by Mtn2Sea

9 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

Prior to boarding the N. Statendam last month, we used On Point Testing.  We did our test in our Boston hotel and it was very easy.  Having rarely used Zoom, the only problem I had was the proctor did not see me after we connected.  Fortunately, I saw the icon that activated my computer’s camera.  Everything went quickly and I got the test results in my email right after we finished.  One thing I like about this company is they allow an appointment to include more than one person.  We used the free government test kits.

So you can use just the regular free test, that doesn't have any proctoring attached to it? I know thats a stupid question but all of this is just so darn confusing anymore, that i want to make sure im doing this correctly! lol

11 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

So you can use just the regular free test, that doesn't have any proctoring attached to it? I know thats a stupid question but all of this is just so darn confusing anymore, that i want to make sure im doing this correctly! lol

We've used eMed a few times now and had zero issues with it.  You buy the tests through their site and they overnight ship them.  You have to sign up for a Navica account to do the test and then they upload your results to that within minutes (and email you a certificate of the results too).  Super easy to use and highly recommend them.

I booked my test with Onpoint and they sent me a link for a Zoom meeting.

(You have to download the Zoom app to your phone or computer etc)

Before I booked the test I contacted them to make sure the free tests I received 

from my employer were acceptable,they were.

After I booked my test I realized it conflicted with another appointment so I had to

go back to Onpoint's website and change it.No problem,they sent me a new Zoom link.

Then.......................I realized that my Antigen tests had to be done within 2 days of Embarkation

so I had to reschedule again.It wasn't an issue,they sent me another Zoom link.

All for less than $20,cant beat the price.

In hindsight I wished I went with the Abbot Lab's one as you do not have to schedule an appointment.

11 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

We've used eMed a few times now and had zero issues with it.  You buy the tests through their site and they overnight ship them.  You have to sign up for a Navica account to do the test and then they upload your results to that within minutes (and email you a certificate of the results too).  Super easy to use and highly recommend them.

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, southernshug said:

On Point monitors/proctors your testing via Zoom.  They watch you do the test and keep track of the time.  You hold up the test stick so they can see if there is one line or two.  They don’t restrict you to one particular brand for the test kit.  I simply chose to use the free government test kit rather than going to a drug store and purchasing one of the available home tests.

We've used Emed.com for 6 tests and Total Testing Solutions for one set of tests.  Both worked equally well.  I'd actually give a slight edge to TTS as they permitted our family group to do our tests together despite having 3 separate appointments. 

We'll use TTS at the end of the month prior to our Australia cruise.

• Thanks 1